Lake O, West End report

The dilemma between Lake Simcoe whities and Lake O. salmon was won by Lake O. mainly because the poor whities reports from Lake Simcoe.

So took the kids in tow this afternoon and went for couple hours down the lake....got to love not having to drive (for ever) to the South shore...much nicer when the fish comes to me instead of the other way around ;D

Fished 130-150 fow...ended up 9/14...with one huge laker bunch of nice BBQ size Cohos and one 20 Lbs King....missed what must have been a monster after unspooling most of my Power Pro dipsy....oh well it was fun while on line... temps were 53 degrees on top and 43 down 50 feet.

riggers got me Cohos 40-50 feet down and the King came 105 feet down on NK MAG Blue/Silver spoon...couple other hits that deep as well...two double headers

Most Cohos were in the 45 feet down range or on the dipsys 75' back on #2 with blue fly/flasher, some Cohos came on Monkey Puke NK Mag spoon....again washed the leadcore all day...not a touch...tried anything from 5 to 9 colors out....can't believe I am not getting hits on it...I usually do quite well on it every year....can't figure it out so far....

lots of fun with the kids...they are getting stronger and I can start seeing some real help from them in the boat...even with my huge net ::)

Anyhow...fish is here...and it'll only get better from now on...game is ON....

WP_000187.jpg

Here both of them working as a team having hard lifting the big boy:

WP_000188.jpg

Few shots bellow:

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Great report...the only time i have fished the big lakes we caught most of our rainbows on blue/silver spoons too.

Fascinating read for someone who rarely fishes more than 30FOW....mind boggling actually.

A couple of very capable looking fishing partners you got there.

Great fish....great fishing...you had an action packed day....nice one!

Great report...the only time i have fished the big lakes we caught most of our rainbows on blue/silver spoons too.

Fascinating read for someone who rarely fishes more than 30FOW....mind boggling actually.

A couple of very capable looking fishing partners you got there.

Great fish....great fishing...you had an action packed day....nice one!

Simon,

I believe I have said that before but just in case here it is again buddy....Any time you come this way and for a day or more let me know and we'll "fix that gap in your great depths experience". :Gonefishing: You are always welcome on board...and chances are your hands will be tired after a day on lake O. And if this happens to be in August or September...well then you'll still get tired but in 400+ fow :thumbsup_anim: Either way count this as your formal invittion ha ha ha.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman