Gas mower problem

lew

Well, I was right about what was wrong with Lew's mower but when I went to get the new diaphram that I thought I had in stock, it wasn't there. Must have used it to fix someone elses and forgot to buy a replacement.

We also discovered that his blade was on upside down, you have no idea how many times I have seen that, it is an easy fix LOL. Sue is picking up the new diaphram and gasket today (and a spare set for stock) so I'll have it all fixed up this evening.

Lew, wanna stop by my place on the way to Cliff's and grab my lawnmower?

Just kidding.

I have a problem with mine too, hope fully I can fix it next weekend.

If the shaft from the broken motor will fit the newer one. :dunno:

Tried to fire up the lawnmower and it didn't turn over like it did 2 weeks ago, then it locked up tight on the 4th pull.

Saturday, Had to fix the leak in the stihl gas trimmer, then remove the engine from the lawnmower as I had a spare engine from another lawnmower .

Get the engine on and fire it up.

Fired up on the 3rd pull----yahoo..........

Went to cut the grass and it wasn't cutting it.

Blade is sharp and it is spinning, so I lowered the lawnmower to it's lowest setting and it was just barely taking the top of the grass off.

Measured the old motor from the motor to the blade, 4.5 inches

Measured the new motor the same way, 3.5 inches. :wallbash: :wallbash:

Well, couple of things. Don't toss the old motor until I have had a chance to look at it. Second I have a lawn mower here that I fixed for a guy last year then he decided he was going to buy a nice self propelled one and left his old one here. If you want it just give me the $52.00 I have in it for parts. I works like a charm.

We also discovered that his blade was on upside down, you have no idea how many times I have seen that, it is an easy fix LOL.

But just so everyone knows, it came from the dealer that way, it wasn't my screw-up :lol: :lol:

See you tomorrow evening Cliff

if you think it cut grass before wait until you try it now! :thumbsup_anim:

Ya, but now the wife will want me to do twice as much work with it :lol:

That's fantastic Cliff, thanks alot, I'll see you tomorrow at 5:30

How can you tell which way the blade is suppose to go on?

I have always put mine on with the curved side up an the flat edge down.

When looking at the mower from the TOP down, the blade will be spinning clockwise, you always want the cutting edge to be the leading edge.