Turning 65 , do I still pay to fish/

npt1

so i guess with reasoning like that you never carry a wallet...?

i guess its a bit different for me here... im on the st.lawrence river... i buy my gas and food on the water by boat... i also cross into NY state and Quebec by boat... and there is the possibility of being hit by an ocean liner if i get stuck in the channel...im not fishing a little back country lake where everyone knows you by name...

as for the $20 for a tow... nobody "charges" for a tow here either... but if i spend a good chunk of my day off and a bunch of my gas towing you so you dont have to paddle and waist the rest of your day....and a $20 is offered... i dont hesitate to take it... and if i ever do need a tow... ill be more then happy to give the guy that helps me a $20...last time i towed a boat it was huge and i burnt about $15 in gas and an hour and a half of my day on the water...i actually had to go get gas right after i left em at the dock...waisting another 45 mintues... so as a boater that has lost track of how many boats ive towed compared to myself who has never been towed... i appreciated the "thank you" $20 i got for my troubles... i dont go into the situation thinkin "this guy better have money for me"...and im not upset if its not offered... but its nice to be able to replace the gas i burnt helping them...

i wish i could leave my wallet at home when i went fishing and leave society behind like you...

I was just speaking for myself personally when I go fishing from my dock for a few hours, usually no more than a mile from home. I have my boat, my boater's card, my fishing license and my phone, they'll figure out who I am soon enough. I wasn't in any way advocating for everyone in every situation to go without their wallet, that's your choice. When I'm away from home, of course I carry my wallet like everyone else.

ID? Heck, I can go into almost any store in town and give them my phone number and they can tell me where I live, how old I am, how many credit cards I have, if I'm married or single, what my annual income is and a whole bunch of other stuff about me.

The Canadian Government needs my birth certificate, SIN number, Mothers maiden name, date of birth, drivers license number and secret pass word (who the hell can remember that?) and they still don't have a clue who I am.

I hardly ever carry ID with me any more, I'd forget I had it anyway. If I get stopped for anything I just give them a blank stare and when they ask me how old I am I just mumble something about "almost as old as beans". With that they usually just shake their head, tell me to drive carefully and to have a good day.

Who needs ID when you are almost as old as my buddy Beans?