Navionics hot maps premium

waso

I have navionics hot maps premium V 1.2 (maybe 2008-9) running in my HDS 5. Lately I've been mapping in Honey harbour and Lake O, i was under the impression you could get 1ft contour details, or at least some good detail, but this is not the case. As a matter of fact the detail is barely any better than the lowrance stock map except maybe some buoy markers. I have the proper map selected in the settings. Should i get something different, if so what upgrade won't cost an arm and leg? Or am i using it wrong?

ypu can play with the contour settings, also as you zoom in greater detail is shown

I've zoomed in expecting to see more contour lines but that's not the case. Is there something in the contour settings I need to change or is the map for that area just not that detailed?

check your menu settings,and play around, also being a couple years old it may not have the fine detail for that area, you can update the chip through the navionics site, i know it was free for the first year with my hot maps and platinum + chips

check your menu settings,and play around, also being a couple years old it may not have the fine detail for that area, you can update the chip through the navionics site, i know it was free for the first year with my hot maps and platinum + chips

Thanks. I'll check for the update with Navionics!

If you are in the Great Lake Region(Georgian Bay/Lake Ontario) the proper mapping card that will show the most detail and accuracy would be the Navionics Gold or Platinum Cards. May be worth to take a look at the Navionics Fish N Chip as well for greater detail on the Great Lakes!

I have an Iphone, purchased the navionics app for $15.00. Detail is good for Lake Nipissing & Georgian Bay. When I had my Lowrance chartplotter the navionics gold chip was $300.00!!

How good are the contours for the app, do that get down to 1ft?

I have an Iphone, purchased the navionics app for $15.00. Detail is good for Lake Nipissing & Georgian Bay. When I had my Lowrance chartplotter the navionics gold chip was $300.00!!

Tomorrow I'll be purchasing navionics platinum plus for $340, ouch. $15 would have been a lot better.

Edited by spoon