Carpet for home

super dave

So its time to replace the carpet in our house. The current one is the one that came with the house so its about 17 years old. Does anyone know of a place that sells for a good price? I was at Home depot on the weekend and they had a special for $2.29-$2.50 a sq foot and $0.5 for underpadding. Sounds like a good deal to me but seeing if anyone knows of a better deal.

Thanks.

IF you want the carpet to last any length of time, do not go with the cheapest line. Whether carpet or underpad, they will not last.

Amount of traffic is also a factor in choosing underpad for different parts of the house. Is insulating "R" ratings a factor? How about the flooring's ability to muffle sound?

So its time to replace the carpet in our house. The current one is the one that came with the house so its about 17 years old. Does anyone know of a place that sells for a good price? I was at Home depot on the weekend and they had a special for $2.29-$2.50 a sq foot and $0.5 for underpadding. Sounds like a good deal to me but seeing if anyone knows of a better deal.

Thanks.

Try an End of the Roll type of store.

They usually will have closeouts and you can save quite a bit.

when the need arises i always put Burbour carpet in my houses with a quality underlay...only in basements...i hate the plastic feel of walking across laminate floor and the burbour stands up to traffic and abuse....i think it retails for around 2 bucks a sq and .55 cents for underlay

Any good quality carpet will cost you as much and sometimes more than engineered or hardwood floor. A engineered/hardwood floor will make your home more aesthetically pleasing and add better resale to it as well, not to mention the reduced dust in the house. Something to consider.

I have worked in the carpet business and what ever they say don't get anything but nylon hardtwist of some sort. Nothing will last as long or clean as well. Alot of the new stuff is made with differt plastics that are oil based and just pick up dirt or anything and don't let go.

Edited by Live2fish85