Fishing License / Handicapped Permit

Photoz

I have a bad knee . . . . I had to get a handicapped permit, which I believe allows me to fish without being licensed. I also believe it is illegal to fish without a license to show the Ministry Rep if he asks for it. To further complicate matters, it is illegal to make a copy of the handicapped permit. There are several places in the GTA where I'm allowed to park free with a handicapped sticker showing . . . . but of course, it MUST BE VISIBLE to parking authorities. So . . . . for example, I park down at Bluffers park. and walk around the corner, out of sight of my vehicle and Mr. C. O., walks over . . . . . I don't have my license with me and my permit is in the front window of my van . . . . what now? It costs $450.00 + towing for taking a handicapped spot with no permit visible & $170.00 for failing to produce a valid fishing license when requested by a C. O. Parking in most city parks without paying is $105.00 unless your permit is visible! Even parking up along Lake Simcoe is CHEAPER THAN THAT! How do I get outta this one if it should happen?

You have to fight it in Court and show them the dated permit.

Visible or not if it is there and the green hornet/Omnr misses the permit in the window for what ever reason(did not look) you get your day in Court. You would not be the first one to have to fight the quick assumption by an officer having a bad day.

Are you not over the age of 65 yet Photos :)

cheers

Steve.. you are correct, a photocopy is NOT legal for PARKING! It is however totally legal for fishing, with ID to prove it's you.

As for using it in lieu of a fishing licence.. don't get me started on my older sister that does so. Hell even Jen still has a fishing licence and she has nothing holding her leg on but muscle and tissue, but the regulations are clear... you are fully within your right if you have a HDCP permit to use it as your fishing licence in Ontario.

Edited by irishfield

Buy a liscence?

Bull

Under the regulations all that is required is a

"black and white photo copy or printed version of an electronic copy of the Ontario Ministry of Transportation Accessible Parking Permit along with proper identification in their name issued by Canada or a Canadian Province in their name with birth date.

See the Ministry for an electronic copy.

I will be 65 in a couple months, and that should take care of that. I'll just have to be careful from here on in, And Irish . . . . . I've faithfully paid my taxes in this province for 50 years, and like you say, it is my right to get a few things back. I have had ONE complete knee replacement, it didn't work . . . . I have to go through it AGAIN. I do have a lotta difficulty getting around with a cane. Perhaps I should send my Old Age & Canada Pension cheques back too . . . . do you? Why would you use your daughter as an example anyway, her situation has nothing to do whatever with mine? I'm surprised that you would compare? Thanks for the tip though.

Well I can see you took that totally wrong Steve.. my sister has a permanant HDCP permit and when it comes right down to it there is no reason she even has one, although she uses it to the fullest. Stealing parking spots from folks that really need to be "right next to the door" and fishing for free. I wasn't comparing Jen to your situation.. you'd have a lot more hoops to jump thru to be in her position IMHO, yet she still has a fishing licence and would you believe they only gave her a temporary / 1 year HDCP permit!

Yeah h h h h . . . . I know several people who, like your sister, take full advantage of handicapped parking spots, that some of them have no right to at all, I'm NOT one of 'em! If I see a spot reasonably close to a handicapped spot, I'll take the regular spot. I have also been just maneuvering my way into a handicapped spot and saw some poor l'il lady (or man) watching me with a disappointed look on their face . . . . I simply put my van in gear, pulled out and left it for them. You obviously aren't familiar with how damn painful a knee replacement can be . . . . a botched one is gonna be worse. And like I mentioned to you in a p. m. I think I'm entitled to a few (VERY FEW) little 'prizes' handed out for being a senior! Or if I make it to June, I will be.