Reel advice

woodenboater

Hi All,

I'm looking at maybe picking up a used left handed Curado 201 that's about 8 years old in good shape and not used that much. With these scant bits of info, what might a realistic price be for this reel ? Was there anything unique about this generation that makes them worthy or is it best to open the wallet and get a new Chronarch ? Was considering a Revo SX but they're a bit heavier.

Ebay seems to have dried up a lot re:Green Curados.

tia

WB

Thanks guys ! How far back does the E series go or is the D the precursor to the E ? Guess I can go take a look at it and see how it looks IRL and see how smooth it is. Woulda gone to Gagnons for their sale but figured the Curados would be gone as soon as the doors opened.

Another question, looking to finally get a baitcast setup (yeah I know...) , any recommendations on rods if I'm targeting pike, bass and walleye ?

thanks again !

Another question, looking to finally get a baitcast setup (yeah I know...) , any recommendations on rods if I'm targeting pike, bass and walleye ?

thanks again !

How are you going to fish for 'em? If you are mostly jig fishing: faster action. If it is casting crankbaits: moderate action. I'd likely go medium to med-heavy power. What is one guys "perfect" rod is junk to another, so it is really a personal thing... and why I have 20 or so in the basement. :whistling:

Edited by kickingfrog

thanks KF, I usually run ultralight setup alongside the regular spinning outfit with a fly rod thrown in now and then but now understand the crowded quiver/ 20 rods rationale ;) I'm not much for jigging so will go for moderate and maybe med or med+ and maybe get something faster down the road if I feel like parking and twitching.

Guess this is similar to my obsession with tents and cameras lol

Edited by woodenboater

If it's going to be a BIG fish reel then go to a 300 size or an older round style (same 300 size or bigger). For bass and walleye a 200 series will be just fine. D series is older, E series is newer, see the trend? :rolleyes:

I got my hands on a Crucial frog rod, so I'm happy, though I would have loved to grab a Curado.

The market is thin on Curado E models. Shimano killed the Curado in this generation, so the E's are flyin'.

Oh.. that was you.. nice to meet you man... too bad you couldn't get your hands on the citica

i would keep an eye out on the BST here and on big fat bass

Oh.. that was you.. nice to meet you man... too bad you couldn't get your hands on the citica

i would keep an eye out on the BST here and on big fat bass

Hey you too man!

My Chronarch 200E7 is spooled and mounted on the Crucial, itching for bass opener!

Cheers!

Did ya hug? Sorry, I had too (as MOST would know here it was a JOKE!).

Hi All,

I'm looking at maybe picking up a used left handed Curado 201 that's about 8 years old in good shape and not used that much. With these scant bits of info, what might a realistic price be for this reel ? Was there anything unique about this generation that makes them worthy or is it best to open the wallet and get a new Chronarch ? Was considering a Revo SX but they're a bit heavier.

Ebay seems to have dried up a lot re:Green Curados.

tia

WB

I will sell you one for $40 i have 11 of them in my fishing room taking up space thumbsup_anim.gif