They went for a run last night...

Lip-ripper

Nope, got these up near North Bay. I suspect they would have ran a while ago down south...

Thanks for the info. Down here in Lake Ont. they don't generally start running till the middle of April, Could be a little earlier this year because of the weather we've been having. I may give it a go tonight.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i had a lovely feed last night and i didn't even have to go out to get it. that's my favourite. i don't mind smelting but i still have nightmares about cleaning them for 4 hours in my grandmothers basement hungover. hahahaha

Of course the one day they run hard, is the day I have to sleep early for a morning meeting wallbash.gif

This years smelting season is stressing me out haha.

That's what after dinner naps are for! I had a 2 hour nap then headed out just after 10. Actually felt pretty decent this morning considering I've been out 4 times in the last week waiting for the run. Frustrating year for sure.

i had a lovely feed last night and i didn't even have to go out to get it. that's my favourite. i don't mind smelting but i still have nightmares about cleaning them for 4 hours in my grandmothers basement hungover. hahahaha

I've noticed that alot of people want "Just a feed" when they hear that you got some, yet they aren't around when you are out till the wee hours netting them, or during the hellish hours of cleaning them. I'll be cleaning these up tonite. Hopefully I get it done in under 4 hours!

I've noticed that alot of people want "Just a feed" when they hear that you got some, yet they aren't around when you are out till the wee hours netting them, or during the hellish hours of cleaning them. I'll be cleaning these up tonite. Hopefully I get it done in under 4 hours!

Someone on another board posted that they freeze them whole and clean them as they need.... that's what I'll be doing from now on, unless I'm smelting on a friday or saturday.

Got out for a Smelting last night with Rod Caster and a buddy. Tried our private creek for some bigg-uns and we were not dissapointed. My biggest was just ove 9"! Our buddy caught one even bigger!

Ended the night with about 150 to take home and certainly could have got more but 2am is too late for this guy lol.

I'm done for this season.

CIMG2655.jpg

CIMG2657.jpg

CIMG2660.jpg