~~~Why Yes It Is Perchen Time

oldphart

~~~~~AAAAAH Satursday Morning Paul and I were going to it Canal for Crappies, because the weather man said the winds would be out of the North at 25K. So whem we got to the shell station at 48, & Lakeridge there was only a light breeze so we headed over to Virgina Beach to see if they had any minnows, Nada, and at $6. in & $6. out plus $8 parking, we headed back to the Glades to Launch. Seen lots of Pin head at the ramp basking, but nothing spooking them, so we headed out, only saw one boat out in 22' area, and another guy tied up along the channel break wall. Check a few areas where I like to phish but nothing showing, very few Terns flying around, so onward we went over to Georgian Bay having spoke to another Twacker owner at the Shell station, who said they did well on Friday. We spotted the small armada of boats about 15, separted into 3 groups most in shallow 5' range a few in the 9' area, and a couple out deeper in 12' which is where we went. Paul was first with a nice 10", Then next cast this 13.5"

106_1389.jpg

Not having many minnows I was using some small coloured Crappie jigs tied on with a drop sinker rig. and no bait, casting out with a slow retrive, and had 2 or 3 double headers. Paul had tied on a green twister tail grub tipped with a minnow, Which he has kept a live at home for over 2 month (he named them) did very well.

106_1390.jpg

We kept about 20 total

106_1392.jpg

106_1394.jpg

It slowed down some so we decided to run out to deeper water startinf at 50" and slowly moved in looking for Bait balls, but nothing, went over to the 32' flat south oh Thorah and again nothing back to the river mouth Nada. Oh well another great day on the water, and with a great catch

106_1397.jpg

Thanks again Paul for a great day of Phishen