Last Nights Pier Shots

Twocoda

Nice shots... If you're shooting landscape stuff, you wanna make sure the objects close to you (The rocks in this case) are in focus... Set the aperture a bit higher and let the shutter and tripod do the work :)

Thanks for the tip Bill ....ill give it a shot next time...alot of the distortion comes from the extreme wind and rolling waves in most of the pic...i was suprised on a few of the pics that there wasnt a few floating clouds of water because of the waves splashing up on the pier....i went down there at 12 30 am last night and seen three deer just standing on the bridge but i didnt get the camera off the tripod in time....kinda looked like two of them were trying to talk one of them out of jumping :mellow:

Thanks Rick....they are lighted buoys for comming in and going out of the Saugeen River....i can be a bit tricky out there because Chantry Island isnt too far away and there are markers for going in behind the island....people ruin stuff all the time out there when they dont know what to do ....Port Elgin is a bit tricky too...

Edited by Twocoda

I think the buoys are about a half mile out in South...to prevent people from getting too close to the "old" long dock remains that used to shoot out to the island....no i didnt bring a rod...it would have been tough fish to say the least with the waves and wind...not to say its impossible but it wouldnt have been easy...

heres another from the same night...

MoonOverSaugeen.jpg

Edited by Twocoda