Summer Vacation Booked!!

danklegrand

We're headed to Mikisew Provincial Park on Eagle Lake for the last week of July, and I'm pumped... Even though it's MONTHS away. rolleyes.gif

My girlfriend and I spent a weekend at Mikisew last summer and really enjoyed the park, so we decided to come back for a few more days this year and spend some more time fishing the lake. We did pretty well for smallmouth bass last year, and hoping to find them again. I've also heard about Pike, Whitefish and the odd Rainbow being caught here.... Apparantly the Walleye population is next to none.

Since we'll be there for a week, we're considering a day trip into nearby Deer lake (just down the road). I haven't heard much about Deer Lake, and I've been searching around with limited results. Does anyone know if there is a public launch on Deer? I know I've snowmobiled across in the winter, but never really checked it out. Any idea what species we should be tageting there? We usually fish catch-and-release. Just looking to explore the scenery in a new lake and hopefully catch a few fish. Not looking for hot spots... Feel free to PM.

Anyone else book their summer vacation yet? Gonefishing.gif

This summers big trip has been booked since '10 smile.gif

Oh, I hear you there BillM. I recently just switched jobs, so I wasn't sure if they'd let me have a full week this summer. After a quick chat with the company owner and swapping some fish stories... worthy.gif ... I have a week approved and we just booked our site!

If they would let me book my holidays that far in advance, I'd be booking next years trip now too!

I booked my holidays last 2 weeks of july at Restoule pp back about 6 weeks ago. If you are looking for a day trip you might want to think about Restoule,just up the road from where you are and with them being both PPs you get free entry into any PP. Good fishing there for bass,walleye,musky and pike. If you like Mikisew then you will love Restoule.

Been to mikisew for a day, fishing for bass was good. Was at restoule last year in july and august. Nice park. Found the walleye, musky, pike. Surprisingly couldnt get many smallmouth, must of been at the wrong places.

I booked my holidays last 2 weeks of july at Restoule pp back about 6 weeks ago. If you are looking for a day trip you might want to think about Restoule,just up the road from where you are and with them being both PPs you get free entry into any PP. Good fishing there for bass,walleye,musky and pike. If you like Mikisew then you will love Restoule.

Thanks bowslayer,

Exactly the kind of suggestion I was looking for. We've actually been to Restoule as well. We went 2 summers ago and I still love that park. I remember going there as a kid with my parents and trying to scope out the best sites. One thing about Restoule, if you can book early enough, there are some incredible sites on the water where you can pull your boat right up. Two years ago we did ok in Restoule Lake, but had better luck in Stormy... It was a little quieter too for the 12' tinny that I had at that time. I'd definitely like to go back and fish Restoule again.

I was unaware that PP passes got you into other PPs as well. A day trip to Restoule will definitely be considered! good.gif

Been to mikisew for a day, fishing for bass was good. Was at restoule last year in july and august. Nice park. Found the walleye, musky, pike. Surprisingly couldnt get many smallmouth, must of been at the wrong places.

Hm, that's two votes for Restoule... Thinking a multi-day trip might be in order here.

Thanks bowslayer,

Exactly the kind of suggestion I was looking for. We've actually been to Restoule as well. We went 2 summers ago and I still love that park. I remember going there as a kid with my parents and trying to scope out the best sites. One thing about Restoule, if you can book early enough, there are some incredible sites on the water where you can pull your boat right up. Two years ago we did ok in Restoule Lake, but had better luck in Stormy... It was a little quieter too for the 12' tinny that I had at that time. I'd definitely like to go back and fish Restoule again.

I was unaware that PP passes got you into other PPs as well. A day trip to Restoule will definitely be considered! good.gif

I do have one of the best water sites booked,you have to book early if you want one of them.As for the free entry ,just take your your vehicle permit and show it at any PP and you get a free day pass.

I do have one of the best water sites booked,you have to book early if you want one of them.As for the free entry ,just take your your vehicle permit and show it at any PP and you get a free day pass.

Just another reason I love this site!

Thanks again slayer, might just see you on the water one day.

LOL was just about to quote that exact same tidbit. Thanks for that tip bowslayer! :thumbsup_anim:

I was up at Mikisew last summer mid July for 3 days and got into some smallies all around a pound give or take. Was fun playing with those but couldn't locate anything bigger. So many fishy looking spots and tried to cover as much water as I could in the canoe, being without sonar it was tough not knowing what was underneath ya.

My group is planning to try Restoule this summer but I'll definitely head over to Eagle Lake for a day trip if it's feasible.

Edited by fishindude