Pike fishing last sunday

nlpaintballer

Hit the kawarthas with my buddy for some pike last sunday. This time I ended up with 2 while he got 1. Lot's of follows and water temp was 50-52 degrees, down from those sunny days last week, but still warm enough for the pike. Spinnerbaits were getting follows, but husky jerks caught all the fish. Saw one muskie who chased a spinnerbait, but no fish in the shallows, so I guess it was a really fast spawn for the pike and muskie.

Hit the kawarthas with my buddy for some pike last sunday. This time I ended up with 2 while he got 1. Lot's of follows and water temp was 50-52 degrees, down from those sunny days last week, but still warm enough for the pike. Spinnerbaits were getting follows, but husky jerks caught all the fish. Saw one muskie who chased a spinnerbait, but no fish in the shallows, so I guess it was a really fast spawn for the pike and muskie.

One word...............Pics or it never happened.rofl2.gif Ok, thats 5 wordsw00t.gif

Goes to show you, fish according to the conditions, not the calendar.

lol, I try not to take pictures of 20" snot rockets, I would run out of memory.

Sadly enough, I did take pictures of the one halfway through the filleting because it had eggs and I thought the guy's doing the studies of the pike invasion in the Kawarthas would maybe be interested in a 20" pike with eggs. I didn't post it since some people might not like seeing a half filleted pike.

Don't worry though, as of sunday, every fish gets a picture with the OFC 2012 tourney paper next to it.:thumbsup_anim: