13' 4" MIsty River aluminum boat.

richyb

I picked one up the other day and was wondering if any of you have one or been in one ? Is it a fairly stable boat? I was told it was a 12 footer but when I measured it, it was 13'4" and on the model number it says 14 so now I dont know what to call it other than my new ride :thumbsup_anim:

I have a 14 footer.. stable boat and the quality is good as well. No problems with leaks at all...

I see lots of them here in the Saguenay region of Quebec. I guess there is a dealer in the region that sells lots of boats. I've never heard of anyone complaining about their Misty River boat.

I've been very happy with my Misty

Me too!

You don't have to look hard and you will soon see that they are a Lund clone. Apparently the Chief Designer at Lund walked out the door one day and formed his own company. Very sturdy and stable boat. Mine is a 2001 model. Bought new in 2001 and still doesn't leak a drop. Nice high, dry, soft ride. I remeber being at a show before I purchased it and there was Lund dealer touting their boats. He went on on about "softer, higher dryer ride" and I was like "ya right. It's just a utility. How much difference can there be?"

Over the years I have come to learn that there are big differences in even the simple tinnies. I've been operating them since I was about 7 years old. (55 years) A couple were my dads and I've owned five different ones. Thornes, Viking, Starcraft, Mirro Craft and Misty River. All have been 14' or 16' utilities. I've spent time in Lunds, Sylvans, Princecrafts and most recently the G3 by Yamaha.

Mine is wide, deep, and stable. In rough water, she cuts through the waves like a knife. Got me out of a few hairy situations over the years.

I wouldn't trade her for any of the others. Walk through with a floor, storage and livewell would be nice, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Sadly in 2004 Misty River was bought out by another company. (Odyssea)

Couldn't find much more than this on Google:

InterNautic Marine Group has been guided by more than 25 years of expertise and is devoted to continuous product improvement. In March of 2004 two boating companies, Misty River Marine Ltd. and Odyssea Marine Ltd were merged and re-branded as InterNautic. Our Alloy and Misty River brands consist of aluminum fishing boats from 12 to 20 ft. in length. We also manufacture fiberglass runabouts from 16 to 19 ft. in length under the Silverline and Fluid brands. Based in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, the company is committed to innovations in design and Lean Manufacturing. Our boats are shipped worldwide from Winnipeg to France , Spain , Cypress and most recently Australia. Every boat built at the InterNautic Marine Group is designed to perform and withstand the most rugged conditions.

Apparently Internautic went on to merge with Alumarine.

Internautic Marine Group Merges Operations with Alumarine

The Internautic Marine Group (Division of AROW Global

Inc), producers of Misty River, Alloy and Silverline, has signed an agreement

with Winnipeg-based Alumarine Ltd. to merge their manufacturing

operations into the new, state-of-the-art Internautic Marine

facility. Alumarine offers a wide range of aluminum boats, primarily for

sale to camps and lodge operators. Headquartered in Winnipeg, Alumarine has been

a dominant player in Manitoba, fabricating and selling boats since 1965.

Alumarine distribution covers most of North America. Alumarine owners

Ken & Anne Frank will continue to be involved with the management group

along with a few key operating managers. On being questioned about the merger,

AROW Global President Eric Laflamme explained The addition of Alumarine to our

product offering is a major step for the Internautic Marine Group as it provides

our Marine Division with another commercial boat brand for camp and lodge

owners.

Thanks for the info guys . I cant wait to get it in the water and get some slime on it. It was left to me by the wifes late grandfather so before I take it out she wants to paint a name on it and a green shamrock.

It was left to me by the wifes late grandfather so before I take it out she wants to paint a name on it and a green shamrock.

We always called my grandfather Pop. He always wanted a boat but he was an alcoholic. Always held down a job but couldn't leave the stuff alone. He was a mechanic and a good one too. He rebuilt an old 2 horse Johnson back in the fifties. Looked like something you'd see in a museum today. (1940 something) He'd rent a boat at Jordan Harbour and take me fishing. I was like five years old. He always wanted his own boat. Never happened.

All of my boats have worn the same name: POP'S DREAM

Trouble is, now I'm so old, everybody thinks I'm Pop.

Edited by kwikfish