first proper fish 2012

BCLT

Had a chance to get out to a swim an hour away - been fishing the centerpin for commons and landing a few fish up to 6 pounds isnt cutting it - heres a video of the session and a nice result at the end!

Thanks and best wishes to all of you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhxPb4zVPQY&list=UUwWE8tYJaiHRujsQbb1p5wQ&index=1&feature=plcp

Edited by BCLT

swim means a specific spot you like to fish...

when most of the info you read or see comes from the uk you pick up some of the phrases and slang...lol

Mike hit the nail on the head!

Swim = spot

Venue = lake or river

Bivvy = tent

Boilie = chunk of dough or corn meal

Inline pear = big sinker

Gutted = upset I lost my fish

Chuffed to bits = Happy I got my fish

Maize = corn

Method mix = a bunch of oats and cream corn that can form a ball to bring fish in

Baitrunner = reel that can switch to free spool (loose drag)

Ex, I was in my bivvy at the local venue, in my favourite swim, fishing an inline pear with some method mix and maize with a single boilie when a proper common took my rig and the baitrunner wasnt clicked on............ my rod went in the swim and I was gutted but I grabbed it quickly and landed the fish and I was chuffed to bits!

That should get you started - the rest is downhill lol...... ps remember.... until you get a baitrunner....... loosen your drag or so say goodbye to your rod when you grab a sandwich, take a leak, check your phone, or have a nap!

Shawn

Mike hit the nail on the head!

Swim = spot

Venue = lake or river

Bivvy = tent

Boilie = chunk of dough or corn meal

Inline pear = big sinker

Gutted = upset I lost my fish

Chuffed to bits = Happy I got my fish

Maize = corn

Method mix = a bunch of oats and cream corn that can form a ball to bring fish in

Baitrunner = reel that can switch to free spool (loose drag)

Ex, I was in my bivvy at the local venue, in my favourite swim, fishing an inline pear with some method mix and maize with a single boilie when a proper common took my rig and the baitrunner wasnt clicked on............ my rod went in the swim and I was gutted but I grabbed it quickly and landed the fish and I was chuffed to bits!

That should get you started - the rest is downhill lol...... ps remember.... until you get a baitrunner....... loosen your drag or so say goodbye to your rod when you grab a sandwich, take a leak, check your phone, or have a nap!

Shawn

That's a hillarious read, Shawn!

And hey, finally got to enjoy your vid last night. Nice job and that's a terrific fish! ..err, I mean a 'proper' fish. lol

Edited by Mike Pike

That's a hillarious read, Shawn!

And hey, finally got to enjoy your vid last night. Nice job and that's a terrific fish! ..err, I mean a 'proper' fish. lol

Thanks Mike, appreciated greatly - hopefully we can hook up this season for some lumps - if you have the time and are willing to take a visitor - feel free to PM me, well hook up some time....... this is Mike from the CAG right? we met at valley of the bullheads once recently?

shawn

Edited by BCLT

Great video Shawn...After watching numerous UK videos all winter...[Carp Fishing] Korda Thinking Tackle Season 1 Episode 1 - YouTube It seems strange to see you using one rod only not that I'm an advocate of using more than one...I can just see myself trying to remove three lines at Carp Point when CPH gets a hook-up...laugh.gif

Thanks Mike, appreciated greatly - hopefully we can hook up this season for some lumps - if you have the time and are willing to take a visitor - feel free to PM me, well hook up some time....... this is Mike from the CAG right? we met at valley of the bullheads once recently?

shawn

Yup, that's me Shawn. And I look forward to joining you on the bank for some carping real soon. Just remember, you can't get mad when I cross your line, ok.

Edited by Mike Pike

Yup, that's me Shawn. And I look forward to joining you on the bank for some carping real soon. Just remember, you can't get mad when I cross your line, ok.

Its all good, it happens all the time! You going to the fish in April 22?

Shawn

Thanks for that info! Also we need 4 more people to sign up for the tournament or else some of us won't be able to participate, remember it's free and non competitive!

What tournament are you talking about, please tell me its a carp tourny

Shawn

Ya, I'm planing on going. Sounds like a fun social with a bit of competition thrown in! I've never participated in a carp fish-in before.

Thats good, so If we dont share a bank by then, that will be the day! Its usually good times - see ya soon man