Side imaging

TJQ

Thanks for posting the pics David, that is what I am talking about.

People should realize the quality of the units before dismissing the idea of side imaging. I blame the manufaturers for not putting out such a clear message. This technology is priced at a premium eliminating a vast portion of the market. In time, expect to see this technology become more affordable, it is good to know that there are actual improvements beyond 'color' in a sonar unit.

Tony

I think it is a great tool.

Alot of people are really narrow minded Sonny and intimidated by something different that aren't not familiar with. Good for you for having the ballz to try something you think will give u an advantage.

As the sayings go; can't teach an old dog new tricks and 90% of the fish are caught by 10% of the fisherman :whistling:

see thats what i"m talkin about,,,thanks for posting the pics,,,totally different the the old side finding technology,,,it may not catch teh fish for you but like the rest of the sonar it gives you an idea where to fish,,,and anouther thing that i learned is when you use it with the gps you can actually mark a waypoint spot that may be 300 feet or more from your boat and go back and fish it...It's just anouther tool in the arsonal of fishing.I just want people to understand it as i was confused about it at the beginning also,,but cofusion turned to excitement the more i learned!! :D

Deciding a lake for panfish opener this weeknd. Simcoe...Kawartha?

With my newl boat and 997si, hopefully my success would be greater. I'll definitely use a lot of my 997si, and it'll be my first time experience on the water. Be sure to check out my report next week. :D

The market for stuff like this never shrinks or disapears. People are always willing to buy it and use it. I catch just as many fish with the $185 Fishmark as with the $1000 x15 and sometimes with no graph at all. Don't confuse price, features, demand or hype with the actual need for something. It's an easy mistake to make.

LipDip, a quality sonar is an absolute must if you want to consistently be successful fishing deep or large expanses of open water. Certain types of fishing don't require a sonar (eg. bass fishing in summer) but for big water salmon, trout, walleye, etc you will have less success without a sonar, gauranteed.

I think you meant to say don't confuse fishing tools with gadgets ;) Quality sonar units are tools, this is a gadget...

1406.JPG:lol:

Tony

Edited by tonyb

IMHO

no I think he meant what he said...

LipDip is a great fisherman, guide, educator of fishing and writer

so for him, his statement is true

but I think that learning how to read a good sonar can sure cut down on the learning curve

but learning to read the lake will make you a better fisherman

but I have to say that my new $509.00 X15 showed me things and help me find fish that took me hours to find in the past

I fish an area where fish can be in 9 ft of water

but they are always on the move and trolling seems to be the only way to find them

then you can sit and jig or crank for them...with the X15 I can see fish on the bottom in 9ft of water while trolling ( the first fishfinder I ever had that show so much detail) so even if then are not bitting I can see they are there and stop and fish them slow with plastic or live bait...without the X15 quality I keep trolling till they get active or just guess where they are today....