Pens vrs NYR

jedimaster

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

burke made a statement with that big contract. he knows he's in toronto for the foreseeable future and likely knows he has to step it up. and he's got to learn to skate with his head up (as Cherry mentioned) though because some young buck looking to make a name for himself is going to take his head off at some point. sarnia's yakupov is probably the most dominant player i've seen in the ohl in a very long time but he skates sort of like grabo and often puts his head down. he recently got destroyed by mike halmo of the owen sound attack, and was subsequently suspended for 10 games (silly considering Yakupov puts himself into the awkward position while travelling at a high rate of speed).

i watched yakupov cut across the middle with his head down like this many times this season in the soo. thankfully for him the porous Soo Greyhound defense was more into poke checks than body checks and he went unmolested. but every time he cut across the middle i imagined how vulnerable he was to a heavy hit, and repeatedly said to my dad that he'd get killed in the nhl. i hope there was a lesson learned for him. He's a brilliant hockey player.

Halmo hit on Yakupov

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

remember when you said the leafs would make the playoffs? i think i'll leave the predictions to the guys who don't use their buttcheeks as earmuffs... if you catch my drift. :asshat:

hey leaf fans, when frenchriverkid talks like this, does it kind of make you shudder like i do when muskymatt goes overboard?

remember when you said the leafs would make the playoffs? i think i'll leave the predictions to the guys who don't use their buttcheeks as earmuffs... if you catch my drift. :asshat:

hey leaf fans, when frenchriverkid talks like this, does it kind of make you shudder like i do when muskymatt goes overboard?

Overboard???? LoL

I only tell it like I see it!!!

LoL

doc,

I don't recall ever saying we would make the playoffs. Hoping, obviously,

yes.

Does it really bother you that I said I'll fix your slice after four games?????

really???????????????

REALLY??????????????????????

I have no problem with you, it's been friendly banter between us, I don't take it seriously, and the fact that you do, is pretty pathetic.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

I have no problem with you, it's been friendly banter between us, I don't take it seriously, and the fact that you do, is pretty pathetic.

i said you use your buttcheeks as earmuffs? does that sound like i'm being serious? i hope you're enjoying the game tonight btw!

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

hey, we were stoked about that win! the timing was clutch, and we had a rookie netminder in net against the defending champions!

it's not rosy glasses... it's something leaf fans don't know much about... something to celebrate!

you'd think considering that they are playing for their playoff lives, the leafs would have a little more to give. what a sad hockey team.

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

hey, we were stoked about that win! the timing was clutch, and we had a rookie netminder in net against the defending champions!

it's not rosy glasses... it's something leaf fans don't know much about... something to celebrate!

you'd think considering that they are playing for their playoff lives, the leafs would have a little more to give. what a sad hockey team.

What do you know about celebrating when it comes to hockey lol. I hate to say it but I am sure there are some leafs fans here that remember the leafs winning the cup.

I don't know any sens fans that do. Maybe in your future you will but probably not for along time.

Remember as yes the leafs play like crap, in the nhl the objective is to win the cup not make it to the playoffs to blow it all in the first round lol.

Edited by Live2fish85

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

What do you know about celebrating when it comes to hockey lol.

if you can't watch hockey, and NOT find things to celebrate in your team, then you won't last as a fan.

cups that happened in '27, '67, who gives a ...

don't blame me for having optimism in my club about our cup chances (going forward that is, not immediately). i know it's been a long time for you.

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Sens couldn't manage to hold a winning record against the leafs this year. RofLmao

thankfully it doesn't seem to matter much going forward. if we were fighting for a playoff spot and those few losses meant something, i'd care. but at this point we're in the 90th percentile to make the playoffs so i'm not gonna sweat it. but if that gives you something to cling to when you go to sleep tonight, i'm happy for you big guy. :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

Hey Doc---just a test here (figured you'd visit here--not worth startin a new thread for)

I'm wondering if the board is still having pm issues?

I answered yours the other day--sent a new one yesterday----did any arrive??

At times folks message me---I answer and never hear any more

Just wonderin if It's something I gotta look into

Thx