Frenchman's Bay last Sunday

MichaelAngelo

I spent 2 hours at Frenchman's bay last Sunday because I was in the area. I started fishing the public docks at the base of Liverpool road.

Ice: the ice has set in around most of the shallow areas. You're limited to fishing at the docks really.

IMG_6858.jpg

I started by working a red devil spoon along the bottom parallel to all the docks, taking care to not come close to the dock edges and spooking any fish. No luck after about an hour.

I switched to a rapala size 7 shad crankbait (silver/black). I worked the slowly around the middle of the water around the bridge and along the docks as well. Nothing.

IMG_6859.jpg

Then I took a stroll down the east and west paths at the base of Liverpool road. The east one brings you alongside the shallow wetland that's iced over. The west one brings you to a "no trespassing" gate. Has that gate ever been opened? It gives you access to all the deeper water!

I did get scared by a huge beaver that surfaced just next to me by the docks though. And I got a nice sunset. Nevertheless, I wish there were fish!

Some of my best childhood memories were at the bottom of liverpool rd fishing at the bridge with my Dad in March for Pike. He would stop at Rerries on the way home from the hall and have the minnows there ready for when we got home from school.

It looks like it is pretty hard to fish there now. Used to be a great little spot. Suprised you didn't get yelled at fishing near those docks.

Edited by Harrison