U.S. Supreme Court rejects Asian carp measures

Fish Farmer

I guess Obama doesn't like fishing! "which they say would disrupt commercial barge and pleasure boat traffic" you could just make a device to raise boats over the nets! and if the US wants to ruin their lake then fine let's just hope canada puts up every effort at sault st marie and every other entry point!

President Obama likes votes = power more then anything....just like any other politician, including Canada's......

How did Canada protect the Great Lakes form foriegn invaders like the zebra mussel.....I guessing just like the U.S.A. did... :wallbash:

Bottom line.......we're screwed. :whistling:

Edited by Billy Bob

Why should America care? Take a look at a map of the Mississippi watershed, if they're all through that then letting them into the Great Lakes wouldn't have much of an impact on Americans, except those who fish in them. There are very few American rivers entering any of the Great Lakes, the height of land is just south of them, anything below that drains into the Mississippi/Missouri/Ohio system. It would mess up our fisheries tremendously, but hey, how many Americans could even find Canada on a map if it was the only country with a name?

Why should America care? Take a look at a map of the Mississippi watershed, if they're all through that then letting them into the Great Lakes wouldn't have much of an impact on Americans, except those who fish in them. There are very few American rivers entering any of the Great Lakes, the height of land is just south of them, anything below that drains into the Mississippi/Missouri/Ohio system. It would mess up our fisheries tremendously, but hey,

how many Americans could even find Canada on a map if it was the only country with a name?

It only takes ONE river to CONNECT the the Great Lakes to screw up the complete chain of the Great Lakes.....Last time I checked....the St Lawrence DRAINED the Great Lakes (see Zebra Mussels)..... :whistling:

And the question on where to find Canada....since you're not a threat we don't have any cruise missiles with your name on them....but if you insist.... :whistling::devil::rofl2: after all we could use some good cold Canadian beer down here.... :w00t:

It only takes ONE river to CONNECT the the Great Lakes to screw up the complete chain of the Great Lakes.....Last time I checked....the St Lawrence DRAINED the Great Lakes (see Zebra Mussels).....

Agreed, but as I said, most American fishermen live in areas that are either already affected, or wouldn't be affected by an invasion of the Great Lakes. Take a look at this map of the Mississippi drainage area:

drainage.gif

Nobody west of that area would be affected, and very few people east of it. Anywhere in Ontario south of the Hudson Bay drainage would be devastated, but why would any American politician give a rat's butt? Unless they own a fishing lodge up here it isn't even occupying one brain cell.

I could.....in fact i hold it as dear to my fishing heart as any of my american destinations.

And we thank you for that. But trust me, you're in the minority. On a few trips south I've run into people who give me a blank stare when I say I'm from Canada, and that's happened in a place as far north as Cape Cod, where Quebec license plates abound. I did meet one guy at a campsite near North Truro who had heard of us, because he replied "Uh, yeah, that's up near Montreal, isn't it?"

Yep, Canada's near Montreal, yep yep yep... :whistling: