Out of the dark

krixxer

For nearly a year OFC has been part of my morning routine, make some coffee read some fishing reports. After a week of inspiration I would get on the phone and TRY to get some buddies out on the water but this seems harder then catching fish. I didn't realize that marriage meant no fishing.

This morning I called one of my last buddies that "is allowed to fish" and receive the devastating info; job transfer to Ottawa moving at the end of the month!

Is OFC a dating site for fisherman?

I'm 37 live in Mississauga, fishng for nearly 20 years,I have a little 17ft/50hp that I like to take up to Simcoe, BOQ,Georgian or troll around Port Credit.

During the week I run my anodizing/paint shop near the airport so I don't have that much free time I tend to only get out on sat/sun.

I hope to contribute a bit more to the board and get to know some of the regulars. Hope to find a few guys to split gas and beer for the day.(not that I drink on the boat)

Kris.

Kris.

My wife asks me that all the timew00t.gif She also out fishes me 9-10 times outrofl2.gif (I'm one of the lucky ones)

I dont think you will have any problems at all, finding someone to fish with from this forum. There are some pretty decent members up your way.

Good luck

Paul

Welcome aboard!! Yes OFC is like a dating site for fishermen. :lol: Over the years, I've met and fished with many members of the board, made some great friends too. Put up a post that you have room in the boat and when/where you are going fishing and you should have some company for the day. Best to come out to some of the events and introduce yourself. The Fishing for Tyler fund raiser is next weekend (Saturday, February 25th) and you can find the details at the top of the General Discussion page.

And as you know,we like pictures.

I might be going up to Bancroft area on Monday for some ice fishing....if you want we could meet up there and see if we can get anything. I'll let you know

James

For nearly a year OFC has been part of my morning routine, make some coffee read some fishing reports. After a week of inspiration I would get on the phone and TRY to get some buddies out on the water but this seems harder then catching fish. I didn't realize that marriage meant no fishing.

This morning I called one of my last buddies that "is allowed to fish" and receive the devastating info; job transfer to Ottawa moving at the end of the month!

I'm 37 live in Mississauga, fishng for nearly 20 years,I have a little 17ft/50hp that I like to take up to Simcoe, BOQ,Georgian or troll around Port Credit.

During the week I run my anodizing/paint shop near the airport so I don't have that much free time I tend to only get out on sat/sun.

I hope to contribute a bit more to the board and get to know some of the regulars. Hope to find a few guys to split gas and beer for the day.(not that I drink on the boat)

Kris.

Edited by jat

Thanks for the warm welcomes! For a minute I though of selling the boat but it looks like there may be another few years of use for the 'ol girl.

JAT - never been ice fishing so that soungs like fun but I'm on my way to work so no play for me today.

Welcome aboard Kris,

great bunch of folks on this board with lots of help. I'm relatively new here as well but never feel like an outsider.

IF you want company to fish, I too live in Mississauga and would love to join you sometime. Covering all the gas $ is our norm if

someone brings their boat.

I've got a 14yr old who loves to fish and outfishes us all the time. It's good to see

your child take an interest.

If you're interested pop me a PM.

BTW Kris,what other work does your company do? Would they be able to apply a different colour finish to say a shotgun receiver??

Cheers

Henry

BTW Kris,what other work does your company do? Would they be able to apply a different colour finish to say a shotgun receiver??

I hope your receiver is made of steel and not aluminium!

Anodizing only woks on aluminium; we do a sulfuric acid; clear or black and chromic acid anodizing that comes out like gun metal gray.

Back when I was a range rat I painted a few of my guns /gun stocks , much easier and durable then black oxide. One of my favorites was my 22-250 savage; I painted it a bright blue and dropped a bunch of flake in it. Looked like a Ranger bass boat. My bush gun M14; got the flat black treatment and after all he years still looks great.