March Fishing Lake Ontario (Toronto area)

Franzo

Hi everyone, im new to trout fishing, i was looking for some info about trolling, for brown trout or steelhead this spring. i would be trolling around the humber bay area. does any one have past experience trolling this area?

is the beginning of march a good time to start fishing this area?

i also have a harbour licence and will be trying for some pike in the harbour. Any info about city fishing would be greatly appreciated

Hi everyone, im new to trout fishing, i was looking for some info about trolling, for brown trout or steelhead this spring. i would be trolling around the humber bay area. does any one have past experience trolling this area?

is the beginning of march a good time to start fishing this area?

i also have a harbour licence and will be trying for some pike in the harbour. Any info about city fishing would be greatly appreciated

Message sent for your second question...

Thanks I'll check it out

In terms of harbour fishing you can't go wrong with the Toronto islands. We always manage to pull lots of Bass, Pike, Bowfin and the occasional Walleye out of there. If you don't feel like going that far I know there is a killer weedbed in...... I wanna say the Bathurst slip. I can't remember the name but its the harbour to the west of the huge ship from Thunder Bay (its always there).

Lastly, if you don't mind leaving the outer harbour, just slightly to the east is Tommy Tompson Park (or the Leslie street Spit to some of you) the pike fishing in the spring there is always good.

Hope these keep you busy. Let me know how you do.

In terms of harbour fishing you can't go wrong with the Toronto islands. We always manage to pull lots of Bass, Pike, Bowfin and the occasional Walleye out of there. If you don't feel like going that far I know there is a killer weedbed in...... I wanna say the Bathurst slip. I can't remember the name but its the harbour to the west of the huge ship from Thunder Bay (its always there).

Lastly, if you don't mind leaving the outer harbour, just slightly to the east is Tommy Tompson Park (or the Leslie street Spit to some of you) the pike fishing in the spring there is always good.

Hope these keep you busy. Let me know how you do.

hey thanks alot! ill check these spots out for sure and keep everyone posted!

You can launch into the bay from the sandy spit near the end of the road from the west side.. You may need 4X4 if you have a larger boat. May be ice at the launch now. There is a marina on the east side of the bay but not sure the launch would be open now. There is a great public launch in Whitby Harbour on the west side. it's a 15-20 run west to the Nuke Plant. Minnows work best by far. Treat Lake O with great respect. Especially this time of year. Deadly cold water and likely nobody out there if you get into trouble. Pick a calm day or stay home. Wear a floatation suit.