Musky baits

Lunatic

Thanks Lew. I'll give it a try. With this catch and release fishery, pressured fish learn from previous hookups. The more variety the better. Although I think if there is an active fish nearby, they would likely grab anything.

Edited by captpierre

Another fun Jerk-bait (Glider) to work is the Hellhound by ERC, I particularly like the smaller Hellpuppy. They can be worked slow with a nice steady sub-surface walk-the-dog retrieve, or fast and they really dart side to side and up and down erractically, especially the 'Puppy...Here is a few custom painted examples by Bare Bones Baits.

HHs.jpg

• 1 month later...

I like to make them less buoyant so when you pause the retrieve the bait will hang where it is rather than popping to the surface.

The fish will often hit the Suick as soon as you make the next jerk.

Adding additional weights is very simple

Cut a groove with a chisel

Drop in the weights

Cover with 5 minute epoxy and repaint

No need to be fussy with the paint cause the muskies don't care what it looks like.

Those are small stick-on wheel weights that you can get from any shop that balances wheels.

ill have to give that a try

If was on a Kawarthas lake and had two choices of lure they would be,

Silver bladed black bucktail, and this perch Super Shad Rap.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v615/shiffy/?action=view&current=IMG_0690-1.jpg

ive used that super shad rap for years and never even had a hit on it, still looks brand new. Hopefully i can break it in this summer.

i like Believers, Grandmas/Jakes, Savage gear