need some photography help for posting photo

Spouph

I am trying to compress or shrink my photo.s so that I can post an image in this forum. Also I wan't to place a classified ad. My j.peg are around 2.2mb to arour 6.6mb. I try to post them but they are too big. Does any one have any suggestions

I am trying to compress or shrink my photo.s so that I can post an image in this forum. Also I wan't to place a classified ad. My j.peg are around 2.2mb to arour 6.6mb. I try to post them but they are too big. Does any one have any suggestions

What I do is upload them to Flickr.com and then you have a choice of what size to post.

Right click on photo while in Windows > Send to Mail recipient. It will ask you if you want to resize.. Select the size you want, copy the pics back out of the email and bingo! Simple resizing in less then 10 seconds :)

Then upload the photos to Photobucket and copy the IMG information into your thread.

Right click on photo while in Windows > Send to Mail recipient. It will ask you if you want to resize.. Select the size you want, copy the pics back out of the email and bingo! Simple resizing in less then 10 seconds smile.gif

Then upload the photos to Photobucket and copy the IMG information into your thread.

Tried this but we dont have a windows based email address. So it would not allow it. Thanks though this seemed easy. I found another window based editor that worked, thank god my brother doesent mind talking me through this computer stuff one step at a time. Thanks very much for the help. @ the other two suggestions thanks as well. I will try those options later when the vein in my fore head stops pulsing.

I second the idea of creating an account on Photobucket or similar sites.

Advantages:

1. photos are backed-up in a relatively low compressed rate

2. the website has securities settings and password locks for your photo albums. (avoiding lurkers to examine every detail of all your photographs)

3. Easy links to share via forum, email, instant-chats.

Quick and easy turtorial video on

Posting photos using photobucket

i have had the same problem. I have tons of pics and have wanted to share posts but everytime it says file too large. i am not computerly inclined so i gave up. i didnt want to ask cause i was embarassed .lol and frustrated im gunna dedicate the time not at the fishing show to figuring this out !

i have had the same problem. I have tons of pics and have wanted to share posts but everytime it says file too large. i am not computerly inclined so i gave up. i didnt want to ask cause i was embarassed .lol and frustrated im gunna dedicate the time not at the fishing show to figuring this out !

This is a great tool I use to resize my images if I'm doing a big batch..

http://www.fotosizer.com/