Minden Area Lakes

dheitzner

I've heard some folks have been getting out on Bosh....but that it's pretty dicey in areas still. Also thought I heard people were on Horseshoe....same as everywhere else....not a lot of ice and changing constantly. Give the bait shops a call up there....they will know

there is still lots of moving water in all the rivers up there from all the rain and mild temps !!! be carefull,its never been like this alot of the bigger lakes are very unsafe in lots of areas,but the smaller ones have not been too bad,but yes check with the bait shop in minden,lots of sledders and fishermen give their reports in there about conditions on the local lakes....like the old saying i have been using all my life if you dont know dont go !!!! :canadian:

Thanks for the replies fellas.

If anyone has been out on any of the bigger lakes in that area over the last while and has any updates on the conditions, I would appreciate it!

Darcy

I was out on Boshkung last weekend - had over a foot of good ice where we were. Plenty of huts out at the middle and north ends. Lots of huts on 12 mile as well, and Mountain had a few huts.

Good ice where we were on Bosh, but they got hammered with a foot of snow on Saturday, might be a bit slushy this weekend with the warmer weather.

'Hut City' is out in miners bay as well - they ave been there since end of December

Here's a pic of the back lake I fished on tuesday. Lots of snow then, but I'm not sure if they got snow or rain on top of that.

We were on a good 12" of ice, but on a very small back lake.

P1310259.jpg

Bigger lakes may be slushy now.

S.