Cooks Bay Guilford first attempt

Acountdeleted

So, with all the advice on gear and lures from everyone on the forums this week I HAD to get out on the water...... er..... ice. Everyone kept saying how nice Guilford was for perch fishing so I figured I'd give it a try after 2 marginally successful back to back weeks on Scugog.

I wish I could say I was out at the crack of dawn, but seeing as how one of my jobs is nights at a bar I got home the night before at 4 am. Leaving Mississauga at Noon I was on the ice at 1:30.

I dropped my first line down and was about to set up my tip up but the perch had other ideas. After icing 3 in about 15 minutes I finally got settled in. The rest of the day slowed down a little bit with 9 fish in 3 hous but with my previous lack of success on Scugog I was extremly happy.

At around 3:30 I hadn't had a hit in about 45 minutes so I decided to move deeper (I was in 22 feet of water, I moved to 25). In the next hour the action was non-stop. My final count at the end of the day was 24 with probabally a dozen of them 9-10 inches.

I just wanted to thank everyone on the forums for all of the help and the advice. I really had a blast today and can't wait to go back. Special thanks to the guy who told me to use the micro tubes. I found that a white powerbait tipped with a minnow head was driving the fish crazy.

After cooking up a perch n chips dinner for the girlfriend she wants to come with me next week...... this time I'll try to remember to bring the camera. wallbash.gif

:whistling:

Great report. Thanks for sharing your experince.

Haha 1000 thank you's for sharing your secrets misfish. I would have looked back at the old topic to see who specifically to thank but did I mention I'm lazy? :lol:

Hence why I like ice fishing, find a spot, drill a hole, grab a seat, eat a sandwich.