Fishing in Bermuda - Any Tips?

cwood

Hey All,

I'm off to Bermuda soon for a vacation and I'm taking a charter out for a morning of reef fishing (rather than deep sea). Has anyone here fished the reefs in Bermuda? If so, any tips on what species to go for and/or what techniques worked well? Obviously the boat "captain" will help with all of that but I was hoping to get some advice from all of the knowledgeable OFNers out there. :D

Thanks in advance and i'll be sure to post all the pics when i get back!

I'd stay away from the reef fishin and book a deep sea excursion. My experience in the Carribean "reef" fishin was a small boat, out a few hundred yards from shore, lousy equipment and dinky little reef fish. If your down there, spend a few extra bucks and get out onto the big water for REAL fish!

HH

I used to live there in the early 80's and worked part time on a boat.You can expect Barracuda,groupers,sea bass,shark..ect.The reefs are very close in but deep water is just outside of the reefs so big fish can be had.Sometimes tourists would keep their catch anh have the hotel prepare it for them.Most would leave the fish for the crew,who would sell them to the hotels.This might have changed in the last 25 yrs or so.Good luck.

Joe