Looking for eyes and thoughts better then mine

Skipper D

Knowing we can paint a boat any colour we choose , i have always wanted a black boat , can't tell you why other then it needs to be black . Soon i will get the chance to paint one and black it is , i could lick a black laquer paint job thats seen cut all day long but i am no fool , black with water spots ... nuts , so what would work to get you to the darkest dark and help hind those nastys , will dark charcoal do it better ? Go ahead and help me to see .

Don't be afraid of the black if it is the color you want. You will need to do nothing more than a quick wipe down after you get off the water. A coat of wax every 2 or 3 months and you are good to go. I would only caution you to not paint any area of the boat that you touch while on the water such a black color it gets really hot.

Art

Don't be afraid of the black if it is the color you want. You will need to do nothing more than a quick wipe down after you get off the water. A coat of wax every 2 or 3 months and you are good to go. I would only caution you to not paint any area of the boat that you touch while on the water such a black color it gets really hot.

Art

Thanks Art , i never thought i would get it from a plumma , on one of my old show trucks i enjoyed showing guys at the out door shows while on a hot day in the afternoon how well PPG detailing workded to show up the shine on my black fenders , of course there were no water spots tho to contend with , not sure how will it would work around a boat .

Lots of the new boats are using a cobalt blue that are in the marina look fine. I bought a 1989 Ranger from a gentleman who loved his boat and wiped it down after every trip the paint was in great shape and it showed none of the river scum or water marks that most others of that age did.

Art

Lots of the new boats are using a cobalt blue that are in the marina look fine. I bought a 1989 Ranger from a gentleman who loved his boat and wiped it down after every trip the paint was in great shape and it showed none of the river scum or water marks that most others of that age did.

Art

I can beleive it , i always wash mine when i get back with the hotsy and let it drip dry in the shop out of the sun , but theres always water spots on the windshield .

Drip dry is your issue bud. Water spots are nothing more than minerals, dirt and soap that is left behind as the water evaporates. The secret is either wipe it down or use products that reduce surface tension. I use Rain X on the glass and just a quick wipe down is all it needs. Using a good wax or soaps that have anti spotting compounds in them will save you time on the dry up.

Art