Deep Cycle Battery / Cold Cranking Amps

Nipfisher

I have a Stowaway Marine/RV deep cycle battery (model ST31DC205) from my trailer that I want to use in my ice hut for my 12v lights and tunes. For Christmas I recieved a MotoMaster Intelligent battery charger.

It asks me to input the CCA for optimal charging but the battery only indicates reserve time 205 minutes and 115 Amp hours. I used the battery last year with my old, not intelligent, battery chrager and it worked great.

Yesterday I took the battery to the hut and the lights didn't last 30 minutes?????? I had charged it to FULL at 500 CCA as a guess.....but I guess that wasn't enough???

Any ideas?

I have a Stowaway Marine/RV deep cycle battery (model ST31DC205) from my trailer that I want to use in my ice hut for my 12v lights and tunes. For Christmas I recieved a MotoMaster Intelligent battery charger.

It asks me to input the CCA for optimal charging but the battery only indicates reserve time 205 minutes and 115 Amp hours. I used the battery last year with my old, not intelligent, battery chrager and it worked great.

Yesterday I took the battery to the hut and the lights didn't last 30 minutes?????? I had charged it to FULL at 500 CCA as a guess.....but I guess that wasn't enough???

Any ideas?

Motomaster Intelligent battery chargers do not recharge deep cycle batteries. If you still have your charger's manual, you will read that somewhere in the manual but not easy to find.

I went to Walmart and bought a Schumacher intelligent charger and it works fine.

Try your old charger on it. Sometimes the newfangled 'intelligent' chargers don't get a deep cycle fully charged. Your battery could also be on it's way out. How old is it?? One of the problems with the power convertor/chargers on trailers is that the charger can overcharge the battery.

Motomaster Intelligent battery chargers do not recharge deep cycle batteries. If you still have your charger's manual, you will read that somewhere in the manual but not easy to find.

I went to Walmart and bought a Schumacher intelligent charger and it works fine.

1st page inside cover says " This battery charger can be used with conventional and maintenance-free automotive batteries, marine deep-cycle batteries, and AGM gell-cell batteries..............

I have now tried charging it with REMNANT TIME charging which is the default setting.

If this doesn't work I'll try the old charger and test the battery.