Lets look at it this way shall we

misfish

Gotta agree Brian. The license is still pretty economical. For the price of one musky lure, or 2 Koppers you get to fish a whole year.

A better comparison. How many of us drop $500-700 on a single fishing combo?

Just be thankful we don't have the same licensing rules you find in England and parts of Europe. You purchase a different license for each local jurisdiction.

The bungling of the whole license system is an entirely different matter. I also think it is a major mistake of any government to outsource public services to an offshore provider.

This will be next. A license for each zone. You want to fish 3 Zones? Buy 3 licenses.

Government cash grab!:angry:

Seems like simple inflation to me. The cost to stock, manage, and enforce our natural resources goes up in an inflating economy. Remember when gas used to be 90 cents a liter? Same thing.

Gas didnt inflate, it skyrocketed. I know this because I had the honor of changing the sign at the Husky East when I worked there from 90 cents to $1.25 overnight. And it never went down.

I posted this on the other thread

I talked to a friend last night that is a MNR officer in my area. He said we are going to have the same system as the states. They'll be a few glitches till things are working properly.

Hunting license, when you buy a deer license it goes directly into the system and your bar code on the license, no paper sticker. You'll be mailed your deer tag. He said the system works better than the card.

Maybe Billy Bob can shed some light.

Edited by Fish Farmer

Hell even their "policing" is piss poor on the best of days. When I was working at a fishing lodge I reported an impaired boater who almost hit a boat full of a clients sons and daughters and then proceeded to drive recklessly to tick us off. They came and took my report in person TWO DAYS LATER...ya...they came looking for a drunk in a boat that almost hit a bunch of kids TWO DAYS after the fact.

Why wouldn't you call the OPP? Why would you call a conservation officer to report impaired boating?

Really...

I spend more money on a single musky lure...

And a typical day costs me 20 bucks on gas...

So 27 bucks to catch 1002 walleye... 44 musky... And countless carp ... Bass... Pike... Sunfish... Crappie...And perch... In a year...

Hundreds of hours of entertainment...

And fresh fish on my table for my family whenever I want...

I'd say that's a damn good price if you ask me...

The new system is a bit hairy... But I haven't heard of any fines for not having a license yet...

We are lucky to have what we do...

Quit complaining about it...

X2... could not have said it any better. For the life of me I can't figure out how anybody in Ontario could complain about this.

Edited by crappieperchhunter

Oh come on..the OPP charges for impaired operation of a pedal boat...too bad that got thrown out instead of settled

Ooooooh ya, the OPP are great and helpful folks :whistling:

The OPP lady called me back 4 days later and said she was coming out to "investigate", I said "dont worry the MNR already came out and did your job for you, and they did a pretty poor job at that."

She didnt know what to say.... :asshat: