Puslinch Lake Ice Access

danbouck

Looks like everyone is going to find a new place to go ice fishing or snowmobiling around Cambridge. The owner of the property around the restaurant has finally had enough of all the garbage and mess on his property and on the ice. So there is no longer access to Puslinch lake unless you have permission from a land owner. People have been hired to enforce as well.

I never liked it there because of how busy it was but I can guarantee that my local spot will be a zoo now.

To the people who ruined it for everyone: CLEAN UP YOUR GARBAGE!

To the people who ruined it for everyone: CLEAN UP YOUR GARBAGE!

Sadly Dan, the pigs that we share our fishing holes with are turning alot of beautiful areas into garbage dumps.

And they ruin both hard & soft water spots.

I have heard about about this a few weeks ago, and i knew in the back of my mind it was going to happen eventually.

Yes , i have seen the garbage that people have left behind and its disgusting to a tee!!!!!! But,,,,,,,,,,,,, In return they have been like a cult to the general public that use the lake for recreational purposes. Harassement wise!!!!

I can say this and will, only because it has happened to me personally , the harrassement on more than one occassion.

Example #1

Canoeing across from the restaurant to the island, many spotters around for the instructors. I cross the area and all i see is a boat going 40mph headed right for medry.gif

Example #2

An early monday spring morning out in the canoe again, some local assfart desides to do figure 8s and creating waves , within meters of me. no one else was around. But the guy at the ramp was glad to take my money. Anyhow, its time to turn the table around and deliver a knuckle sandwich to two locals. Shoot example #3 my buddies canoe was leaking and we used someones dock so we can bail it out and dry up. Guess what? That assfart was going to call the cops!!!! That was 15 yrs ago!!!!!

ALL IN ALL,THEY WANT US TO HELP THEM CLEAN UP THE LAKE? WITH THEIR FUNDRAISER CONCERTS!!!!!!!!

I WILL FLIP THEM TWO BIRDS ON THAT WITH THE WAY THEY HAVE TREATED US GOOD GENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ISNT THERE CROWN LAND ON THE SW CORNER? I POSTED THIS APROX A YEAR AGO!!!!!!!!!! LETS DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!!!!

It is their private land so it is well within their rights to close their access spot.

The GRCA or Ministry should step up and buy a small access property so us poor people can access this public water.

Landry

As Vin stated this was talked about last year. I believe the GRCA owns a chunk of land from the road to the lake but it is posted "No Trespassing"

Thanks Dan - did not know that.

Why is the Grca not providing a trail for portaging canoes or pulling in ice equipment - is it not part of their mandate to allow access to public waters in their jurisdiction - they are funded by us, the taxpayers after al.

I have had a few problems with the ski school out there. The owner is a good guy but a couple of the young punks that work for him are rude and arrogant and do think they own the lake.

It is a great little spot - one I don't want to lose as it is 4 minutes from me.

Landry

GRCA owned land is not the same as Crown Land.

From their website:

"About $9.47 million, or 28 per cent of the cost of operating the GRCA in 2011, will come from residents of the watershed who pay either through their local property taxes or their municipal water bills. That works out to about $9.90 per person. Overall, the amount charged to municipalities will rise three per cent compared to 2010.

The GRCA will bring in revenues of about $13.3 million (40 per cent) from fees charged for services ranging from camping to planning. The GRCA also raises revenue from land rentals, hydroelectricity generation and payments by school boards for outdoor education programs.

Government grants, mostly from the provincial government, will amount to $8.3 million this year (25 per cent of the budget). The bulk of that money, about $4.6 million, is being spent on development of source water protection plans under the Clean Water Act. The plans are scheduled to be completed in 2012. Other government grants cover part of the cost of core programs such as flood warning and dam maintenance.

The remainder of the budget, about $2.5 million (seven per cent), comes from GRCA reserve funds which consist of money set aside in earlier years."

Here is a pdf of the land they own and what they do with it http://www.grandriver.ca/grca/Brief_2010_Property.pdf

• 3 weeks later...