Caught a new species (for me)

Familyfisherman

Caught this today in the Notty near Alliston.

Any idea what it is? Never caught one before...picture isn't very good...fish was VERY silver and the spots are red and quite spread out...

photo-1.jpg

Looks like a brown trout. Edit! Red spots! Definitely a brown trout!

Edited by danjang

Nice Brown Trout! You don't see too many of those guys on the main Notty. I was also lucky enough to catch one on the main river and it was also silver much like yours. I heard the nearby tributary of the Boyne River has some resident Brown Trout which may have been where this guy ventured from! Who knows, cool catch...

Caught a brown almost identical to that on the Catt last year, also had no idea what it was at the time. They definitely look a lot different when they are fresh out of the lake then when they have all their colours. Nice fish!thumbsup_anim.gif

DSCF1447-1.jpg

Edit: added a photo

Edited by DundasSteelheader

I was fishing a little brookie and brown stream two years ago and this is a small stream four feet across about a foot deep.I had pulled a few 1 foot browns and my biggest spec was about 8''biggest brown was 16''.Than 1 day i threw my worm under a brush pile i always got brookies out of and wham i had a huge brown on over two feet and fat it surprised me and i tried to horse it onto the bank it broke my line and fell back in and darted .I told my buddy the story hard to believe something that big was in such a small creek.