Liberal switcheroo on Temagami?

Andy

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/1100528--ontario-breaks-temagami-pledge

Not that I need more reasons to dislike the Liberals, but why would anyone extend a lease to a company like this? In an area like this? Anyone here live up there? What is going on? Sorta reminds me of the massive limestone quarry the province seems to be OK with being planned north of Shelburne.

Edited by Andy

Is this the wolf lake that is very near Marten River? If so, I spend a lot of time in that area. That old coot of a CEO sounds like a scumbag. I've never heard about this company but being delisted from the Venture Exchange is not a good sign. I don't understand how they are going to open up a gold mine using only "truck sized trails" rolleyes.gif

My anger will perpetually be fueled by those who continually search for the absolute most precious portions of our province, country, and world, and seek to permanently scar or destroy it without any thought aside from greed-driven monetary flow to their pockets.

Edited by Dana

My anger will perpetually be fueled by those who continually search for the absolute most precious portions of our province, country, and world, and seek to permanently scar or destroy it without any thought aside from greed-driven monetary flow to their pockets.

Sums it up perfectly.

Edited by Grimace

I'd guess that someone pulled some strings to profit on the purchase or sale of this company. It's a shame, makes me feel guilty that I am not more involved. Of course, trying to keep on top of these is nearly impossible with the absolutely horrid government websites. Is it their goal to make access to the government and all information resources as difficult as possible??

I'm pretty sure this is the claim. North West of Marten River.

This seems more like an unorganized and ignorant Government move rather than a back door deal. The (unlikely) gold mine shouldn't be of major concern, but opening the land to forestry (general use) can dramatically change the face of this area. Notice the Wolf Lake claim number is quite a bit lower (older) than the other ones....

Cliaim.jpg

TemagMap.jpg