boilie making - video

BCLT

Very interesting...When do you "boil" them...I like your cutter...sure beats rolling each boilie by hand...

hey beans, they get boilied after they are rolled - I didnt include that part and have gotten several questions about it lol - I boil 14mm boilies for 1:30 and 20mm boilies for 2:00 - then air dry for one hour before freezing - sorry about that

Man you got this down to a science cool.gif Great job BCLT clapping.gif

You feed them carps real good!!!

Thanks for sharing your recipe good.gif

P.S. Question: How long would this batch last you?

Leechman

Hey there - thanks for watching - as for the batch - If im doing a day session, I will go two days prior chumin the area with roughly 10 pounds and the next day with another 10 pounds or so - Sometimes more depending on the area, time of year and past experience with the spot - if im doing an overnighter starting at 7 am one day, ending late at night day two.... ill easily go through 20 pounds not including what I prebaited with - the fish get on spot, start feeding and dont stop! fish I land are depositing boilie on my landing mat - its something else - best wishes to you and everyone else reading this for 2012! and the holiday season - shawn

Hey there - thanks for watching - as for the batch - If im doing a day session, I will go two days prior chumin the area with roughly 10 pounds and the next day with another 10 pounds or so - Sometimes more depending on the area, time of year and past experience with the spot - if im doing an overnighter starting at 7 am one day, ending late at night day two.... ill easily go through 20 pounds not including what I prebaited with - the fish get on spot, start feeding and dont stop! fish I land are depositing boilie on my landing mat - its something else - best wishes to you and everyone else reading this for 2012! and the holiday season - shawn

Interesting Shawn... Thanks for the reply :thumbsup_anim: So from what your saying, you do this recipe often during softwater season B):thumbsup_anim:

Very nice of you to take the time and effort to share this with us. Being a Kawartha Carper I appreciate it. However once I saw the 5 dozen eggs and calculated the cost I decided that boiling and flavoring corn was the way I was going to continue targeting my summertime friends.

Once again though, thx for sharing.

Very very cool video...

I really like the fact that you left the shells from the eggs in... Texture is important... Carp eat zebra mussels... So crunch in a fishy flavored boilie is nice...

I am wondering... If you don't mind me asking...

Ballpark... How much $$$ does it cost you per kilo...

This recipe is very simple and easy to follow... And I can order any dye or flavors I need... This could keep me busy this winter...

Very very cool video...

I really like the fact that you left the shells from the eggs in... Texture is important... Carp eat zebra mussels... So crunch in a fishy flavored boilie is nice...

I am wondering... If you don't mind me asking...

Ballpark... How much $$$ does it cost you per kilo...

This recipe is very simple and easy to follow... And I can order any dye or flavors I need... This could keep me busy this winter...

Hey man, everything you said is bang on the money! as im sure you know, carp do have teeth and its these teeth at the back of the throat that make noise when chewing that other carps can pick up and become interested in where the feeding carp are and what exactly they are eating - this is helpful in building a swim and putting more fish on the mat - as for the price, my cost is 3.15 per kg - 37.80 for 12 kgs (roughly 28 pounds) - this is far cheaper than retail boilies and you can be rest assured that you know whats in them, this is something to consider when weighing the pros and cons of buying premade boilies since there are no regulations on ingredient claims by boilie companies, they can say what ever they want and you cant be sure its truthful! - shawn

Interesting Shawn... Thanks for the reply thumbsup_anim.gif So from what your saying, you do this recipe often during softwater season cool.gifthumbsup_anim.gif

hey, I do it often, both winter and summer - these baits can be frozen and stay good for a while so when im bored in the winter, its good time passing!

Sorry... Another question...

The garlic oil... Do you need oil or is that for flavor...?

I was thinking about doing some tiger nut boilies and if the oil is a key ingredient... I was thinking about switching the garlic oil for peanut oil...

and how much dye went into that batch...? 1/2 container... whole container?

Edited by Musky Mike

Sorry... Another question...

The garlic oil... Do you need oil or is that for flavor...?

I was thinking about doing some tiger nut boilies and if the oil is a key ingredient... I was thinking about switching the garlic oil for peanut oil...

and how much dye went into that batch...? 1/2 container... whole container?

Hey there, as for the garlic oil - it doesnt have to be garlic oil, in reality any oil is good - its primarly for rolling, to roll the boilies on a table like I have, oil is key to make the paste roll correctly - ifnot its sticks and doesnt "ball" up correctly - vegatable oil, peanut, anything will do - cod liver oil is great and so is general fish oils! - also oils are great feeding triggers especially hemp seed oil but that is costly!

As for the dye, that isnt neccessary but the reason I used it, is becuase the sardine and anchovy attractant is a thick green colour and my goal was to prevent the boilies from being a dark dark green colour - I like to have both visual and scent as an attractant - so I left some of the boilies with no outer attractant - this way I can cut some up for pva sticks creating a bed of yellowish chopped boilies with a hook bait in the center - if I didnt put in some dye, I could not create a bed as a visual - think of it as X marks the spot - fish smells-tastes something, swimming along he sees a yellowing bed of offerings......smells great, begins rooting around...... finds hook bait...graces my net lol! - its kinda like method mix but without the method - so for the dye I think I used quarter teaspoon for 1kg, I think it worked out to 3 teaspoons which was nothing - if I make vanilla boilies next time I will add the dye in so they will be bright bright yellow! im looking forward to that........ dont worry about the questions, maybe I can return a few if youd be interested in putting me and my gf on some fish this summer for a reasonable rate! - cheers man and best wishes to you over the holidays! - shawn

Hey there, as for the garlic oil - it doesnt have to be garlic oil, in reality any oil is good - its primarly for rolling, to roll the boilies on a table like I have, oil is key to make the paste roll correctly - ifnot its sticks and doesnt "ball" up correctly - vegatable oil, peanut, anything will do - cod liver oil is great and so is general fish oils! - also oils are great feeding triggers especially hemp seed oil but that is costly!

As for the dye, that isnt neccessary but the reason I used it, is becuase the sardine and anchovy attractant is a thick green colour and my goal was to prevent the boilies from being a dark dark green colour - I like to have both visual and scent as an attractant - so I left some of the boilies with no outer attractant - this way I can cut some up for pva sticks creating a bed of yellowish chopped boilies with a hook bait in the center - if I didnt put in some dye, I could not create a bed as a visual - think of it as X marks the spot - fish smells-tastes something, swimming along he sees a yellowing bed of offerings......smells great, begins rooting around...... finds hook bait...graces my net lol! - its kinda like method mix but without the method - so for the dye I think I used quarter teaspoon for 1kg, I think it worked out to 3 teaspoons which was nothing - if I make vanilla boilies next time I will add the dye in so they will be bright bright yellow! im looking forward to that........ dont worry about the questions, maybe I can return a few if youd be interested in putting me and my gf on some fish this summer for a reasonable rate! - cheers man and best wishes to you over the holidays! - shawn

no problem....

loads of carp for everyone down here...

and some gf friendly swims also... bathrooms close by... picnic tables... cut grass...even permanent BBQs...

im spoiled....

just ordered some dye and flavors... and a rolling table...

gunna try pineapple in yellow as well as shellfish in yellow...

Edited by Musky Mike

no problem....

loads of carp for everyone down here...

and some gf friendly swims also... bathrooms close by... picnic tables... cut grass...even permanent BBQs...

im spoiled....

just ordered some dye and flavors... and a rolling table...

gunna try pineapple in yellow as well as shellfish in yellow...

good on ya mike, hope it works out for ya, happy rollin - ill probably be in touch early spring - I really want a 40 this year! im topped out at 35! take care man - shawn - ps was it carpkit international?

Edited by BCLT

good on ya mike, hope it works out for ya, happy rollin - ill probably be in touch early spring - I really want a 40 this year! im topped out at 35! take care man - shawn - ps was it carpkit international?

mainline dye and flavors from carpkit

tables were gardner from big carp tackle... i got a sausage table to roll 20/22mm sausages and 20mm boilie rolling table...

i know you said sausages dont need to be perfect but i need my boilies as round as possible... i bait long range with a baiting stick... and if your boilies arent perfect your never gunna hit the marker float...

mainline dye and flavors from carpkit

tables were gardner from big carp tackle... i got a sausage table to roll 20/22mm sausages and 20mm boilie rolling table...

i know you said sausages dont need to be perfect but i need my boilies as round as possible... i bait long range with a baiting stick... and if your boilies arent perfect your never gunna hit the marker float...

I hear ya, I use a spod to get around that issue - load up the spod and start blasting away lol - the gardner tables are dope! - if you are fishing a river wouldnt you be baiting up from the marker to compensate current? just wondering cause I know the lawrence is pretty swift - I know a local river I fish, I have to spod at around 30 feet up river just to get the bait on spot 8 feet down lol - its just that fast!

I hear ya, I use a spod to get around that issue - load up the spod and start blasting away lol - the gardner tables are dope! - if you are fishing a river wouldnt you be baiting up from the marker to compensate current? just wondering cause I know the lawrence is pretty swift - I know a local river I fish, I have to spod at around 30 feet up river just to get the bait on spot 8 feet down lol - its just that fast!

we'll take this to PMs now... :whistling:

whats the shelf life like on these boilies.... couple days? week?

depending on flavoring, days to a week or so - also temperature dependant - these are freezer baits, shelf life baits have preservatives im sure you know, so as freezer baits its best to unthaw before fishing, ill take them out before bed, to chum the next morning, then the day I fish, I take them out when I wake up, the sun usually takes care of the rest! anything unused is either thrown in the water or taken home and refrozen with the oldest bag to date

checking pm now, this is getting personal lol - (joke - which im not to good with)