Lowrance Bow Mount

bh87ss

My winter project will be getting a unit mounted up front with the bow mount trolling motor so I can see what the heck is going on when working from the front of the boat. I have a lowrance LMS332C as my main unit

- can the LMS unit be networked to a unit at the front

- if so what do I need to do besides running a network and power cable?

- is there anything special about the network cable or any special hookups

- any suggestions for a front unit, better yet anyone have one that will work for this application?

Thanks All

My winter project will be getting a unit mounted up front with the bow mount trolling motor so I can see what the heck is going on when working from the front of the boat. I have a lowrance LMS332C as my main unit

- can the LMS unit be networked to a unit at the front

- if so what do I need to do besides running a network and power cable?

- is there anything special about the network cable or any special hookups

- any suggestions for a front unit, better yet anyone have one that will work for this application?

Thanks All

I don't think the 332C has ethernet so you are only able to do NMEA 2000 networking.

You need to power the NMEA network with either a NMEA power node or the 332C power cable if it has a NMEA power lead on it. Only connect one power source to the NMEA network.

Call Jocelyn at Angling Outfitters he has all the parts to build a network.

I'm not 100% sure if you can just run a NMEA cable from one unit to the other without T's and terminators even if you are powering from the 332C.

I would suggest a LMS-500 series unit or HDS.

Here's an idea of what the NMEA 2000 can give you - borrowed from this thread:

ry480.jpg

ry480-1.jpg

Edited by scugog

where are ya goin to mount the transducer.......ive put mine round the body of my trolling motor....but for some reason have cut the wire too many times!!!...it seems to always get wrapped up round the prop....i think im goin to create a network and run off the tranducer off the back

I have two LMS 520C units on my boat that are networked and etherneted together......they can be controlled from one unit and both can share either the transom transducer or the bow mounted transducer. When I mark a hot spot for a GPS waypoint on one unit it is automatically entered on the other unit...NICE...

For a bow mounted transducer all I did was bend the transom bracket a little and then used the transom transducer mounted on my TM....like this..

TrollingMotorTransducerBracket006.jpg

Here is a GREAT site with all the tech answers you are seeking..

http://www.bbcboards.net/zerothread?id=282434

http://www.bbcboards.net/zeroforum?id=13

Good Luck and you will LOVE the two units networked and ethernetted together.

Bob