Cedar Point Resort - Hay Bay

Bigworm

Good advice so far, you shouldn't have any trouble getting in fish. Just bring some jigs and some trolling lures like Husky Jerks and Tail Dancers... Btw, my buddy Sam is going up there that weekend too. You can't miss the guy, he's bald and laughs all the time. Good luck.

Spinners and worms always seem to work well. I hope they are active by then I am getting a little worried about this weather. They did not come on last year until mid June. Looking forward to maybe meeting up with some of you on the bay.

Bigworm you should do OK in Hay Bay I have stayed in Pikeral Park we did ok 2 years ago.If you have a big enough motor shoot over near the Napanee River lots of good walleye action there .Green point near the power lines is a great spot.I will be there may 24 weekend look for a an 18 foot grey Lund with a Honda 50hp.Hopefully we can meet you if your not catching we will put you on fish.MTP

Easton opening weekend last year I had my quota with my fishing partner in 90 minutes.That was May 5th 2006.

so i'm curious on the opener for walleye?... having never fished there myself

I'll be getting married on the 26th of May and we're kinda looking around for a place to go, just to be away and do some fishing you know... and because of the wedding the money is tight. so i'm wondering if someone could give me some guidance on a "good" place to stay and a place to rent a suitable boat from?

so i'm curious on the opener for walleye?... having never fished there myself

I'll be getting married on the 26th of May and we're kinda looking around for a place to go, just to be away and do some fishing you know... and because of the wedding the money is tight. so i'm wondering if someone could give me some guidance on a "good" place to stay and a place to rent a suitable boat from?

PB Pickeral Park I liked there campground but do not rent there boats.My friend Glenn and his dad rented one of their boats which had a hole in it.

The 9.9 they rented was from the 70's and ran like crap each time my friend brought it back the owner chewed him out for being rough with it which is not the case.The pull cord ended up breaking and no more motor.I ended up loaning my kicker motor 8hp to my friend but Pickeral park could not supply a decent motor.The staff at Pickeral Park were not professional at all and these were new owners in 2005.Never again.

I recommend Bayside cottages which have decent boats and motors.Mohawkbaypark campground have served me well.They have decent boats but do not have more than 5hp motors.

www.baysidecottages.com

www.mohawkbaypark.com

Good Luck .MTP