Fear the Reaper.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

all i wanted to do was show off, not defend my component selections. cheers.

Why not? :dunno: Your answers are more than adequate to the questions asked. And I'm not just saying that you did good work idly. Choice of dimensions, choice of materials, choice of components... etc... they're all personal choices. We all have very good reasons for our preferences. But sometimes some of the fun is in comparing. We all take something away from it.

If you think about it - anyone who writes a Masters or PHD thesis, has to "defend" that. To complete work on your own rod, with components and dimensions of your choice - which you doubtless very carefully went through and considered - is amazing and catching a few chromers with it is the cherry on the cake. There's no debating that. But in a very real way, you're in the "graduate" realm now, and we're very interested in your choices, and any suggestions - though they may not seem like it a priori - are meant helpfully.

They're compliments, really. If Solo or I thought that your work sucked, we wouldn't bother commenting. :blush:

p.-

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

(in response to solo)

i assume that's in reference to 3 of the 14 guides being double footed? my 3 double foot guides are actually spin/cast guides, so you are half correct. the other 11 guides however are located right on the blank so i doubt they'd be my first choice for a baitcaster unless you used a LOT of them. you just can't let it be though can you? :asshat:

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

Must feel very rewarding hooking/landing fish on a rod that you built. I have no idea about guide placements etc but it certainly looks great.

Alright enough with the rod talk, what's the GPS coordinates for your driveway? Seems to have nicer fish than the one i caught today :whistling: