replacing trebles on cranks

mike rousseau

I use a fair number of trebles and the best place I've found for price and service is: http://www.captainhookswarehouse.com/index.cfm?page=products Unbelievable choice and great service. Try to get your retailer to match these prices.

thanks roy...

but i give my business to cabelas and in return they take good care of me...

my issues with my humminbird are gunna be taken care of... they are even bending the rules for me by extending my 90 days so i can keep my sonar till ice up then send it back...

for reasons like this... ill pay a bit more here and there to show that im a loyal costumer with a long long and expensive order history...

unless they dont have what i want...

Edited by Musky Mike

thanks roy...

but i give my business to cabelas and in return they take good care of me...

my issues with my humminbird are gunna be taken care of... they are even bending the rules for me by extending my 90 days so i can keep my sonar till ice up then send it back...

for reasons like this... ill pay a bit more here and there to show that im a loyal costumer with a long long and expensive order history...

unless they dont have what i want...

Good that you're loyal Mike. So am I, I think. It's just that Cabela's doesn't carry muskie sizes. Not the kind I use anyhow.

Good that you're loyal Mike. So am I, I think. It's just that Cabela's doesn't carry muskie sizes. Not the kind I use anyhow.

very true...

for 90% of my musky gear i stick to rollie and helens musky shop... they are fast and if there are issues with your order you get a phone call from an employee at the store to help choosing a substitute color or size...

between cabelas and the musky shop im very well treated and very well taken care of...

ive tried ordering from canadian stores... they just arent as good... ive been waiting 3 weeks for an order from pro tackle musky shop in bellville... cabelas or musky shop 4-5 days and usually cheaper prices as well as cheaper shipping

very true...

for 90% of my musky gear i stick to rollie and helens musky shop... they are fast and if there are issues with your order you get a phone call from an employee at the store to help choosing a substitute color or size...

between cabelas and the musky shop im very well treated and very well taken care of...

ive tried ordering from canadian stores... they just arent as good...

Not all of them Mikie! :)

Edited by Harrison

Not all of them Mikie! :)

sorry

i didnt mean to lump all canadian stores together...

i have experienced SOME quality retailers in canada... but like i said... my loyalty has been recognized and appreciated... and for the baits and gear i use... these are the stores for me...

also... i live on the canada usa border... so i ship to a ship it shop... so any orders under 75 bucks are tax free coming back across the border...

and shipping is very cheap within usa... usually $10 for $100 orders...

well... i tried the triple grips last night...

you guys were right... "when" they hook a fish they grab deep...

but i missed half the hits i had... i was afraid of this due to the inward bend of these hooks...

im gunna give them the benefit of the doubt and hope that the fish were bumping the baits last night...

well... i tried the triple grips last night...

you guys were right... "when" they hook a fish they grab deep...

but i missed half the hits i had... i was afraid of this due to the inward bend of these hooks...

im gunna give them the benefit of the doubt and hope that the fish were bumping the baits last night...

That surprises me MM. I've landed walleye on these after very subtle hits, where as before I never would have boated half of those light hits.

Maybe it was just one of those nights??? Or if it continues, maybe try some minor changes to your hook sets. When I'm using cranks/stick baits etc, I find a reel set is the best method, at least for me.

That surprises me MM. I've landed walleye on these after very subtle hits, where as before I never would have boated half of those light hits.

Maybe it was just one of those nights??? Or if it continues, maybe try some minor changes to your hook sets. When I'm using cranks/stick baits etc, I find a reel set is the best method, at least for me.

on the other hand i caught 4 walleye and a pike and my dad running stock hooks only got one... maybe he couldnt feel the missed fish... maybe i got more bites...

all the hits were very light last night... and i know after dark they dont hit the bullzeye every time...

they are very very sharp tho... pricked my fingers a couple of times and the fish that did get hooked were not getting off... they really grab deep in the flesh...

on the other hand i caught 4 walleye and a pike and my dad running stock hooks only got one... maybe he couldnt feel the missed fish... maybe i got more bites...

all the hits were very light last night... and i know after dark they dont hit the bullzeye every time...

they are very very sharp tho... pricked my fingers a couple of times and the fish that did get hooked were not getting off... they really grab deep in the flesh...

Yep, sounds about right.

I'll be using these trebles for quite sometime, they do work well. thumbsup_anim.gif