Hooked

Hooked, I'll be there helping out with the registrations. Should be a fun morning. Grab yourself some minnows, take a lawn chair and a pail,sit back and relax. Great day for the kids. I think they charge $9.00 to get in the park. They told us the snack bar will be open.

Tip: most guys fish with a slip float, the bottom of the marina is weedy ;) .

Good Luck

see you there. :good:

If you need more info, just ask :good:

Edited by Fish Farmer

Thanks everyone. Thankfully I get a pass every year and I usually catch my minnows there with dip net. But I think it will probably be too packed for that. Was actually there today before work and caught around a dozen, a few over 12"'s.

thanks for the link Chris.

Gezz, their almost making it a little out of reach anymore for a family with a few kids.

i know eh?! this came into effect about a month or two ago its quite rediculous sometimes the nice lady only charges me just the base 9 bucks :clapping: , but regardless they should keep what you said in mind, but i think theyre just trying to sell more passes because every single time iget nagged about the pass! and as for the perch derby, should be a fun time but i expect that it will be absolutely packed in the marina.

Edited by bassmaster4

Hey folks. Just heard about this derby this morning. Glad to hear that perch are in the marina. Looking forward to going. My daughter(6) and I just starting fishing this summer so any chance to be with other people fishing just encourages her more. Beware, she might ask to see maybe even hold or kiss any fish that are caught. Silly kid.

Was down this morning and met Hooked with his little Daughter. Nice meeting you Hooked. Was a nice morning and the Perch were there. I caught and released about 10 small ones. Met a few others fishing, and they were catching. Lots of Minnows in the Marina for the dipping. Should be a good day tomorrow. Hope to see a few OFNers.

Good Luck All.

Edited by Fish Farmer

Had a good time this morning. The bite was slow (for me nothing) but that's okay. Got to meet some fellow fishermen and OFNers. The club sounds like a good bunch and I think I'll be going to the next meeting to check it out further. Thanks to the members of this forum for posting about this event that I would not have know about otherwise. Keep the info coming. If I could ask one thing. When posting about any general fishing spot (50 point marina in this case or a general area like Bayfront park etc) could you include the lure or bait presentation that has been working for you there. Each of us have our own rhythm so I dont think you'll lose any fish. Just interesting to know what has been working so we can either try something new or go back to something we have overlooked. As a new fisherman in like a sponge and enjoy soaking up all the tips I can get. Cheers

Had a good time this morning. The bite was slow (for me nothing) but that's okay. Got to meet some fellow fishermen and OFNers. The club sounds like a good bunch and I think I'll be going to the next meeting to check it out further. Thanks to the members of this forum for posting about this event that I would not have know about otherwise. Keep the info coming. If I could ask one thing. When posting about any general fishing spot (50 point marina in this case or a general area like Bayfront park etc) could you include the lure or bait presentation that has been working for you there. Each of us have our own rhythm so I dont think you'll lose any fish. Just interesting to know what has been working so we can either try something new or go back to something we have overlooked. As a new fisherman in like a sponge and enjoy soaking up all the tips I can get. Cheers

I was there, sorry I missed you. :(