Detroit River rudeness

landry

The best one yet.This summer, was coming back to the public dock and noticed a jet boat parked on the ramp side of the dock.So, i stop about 200ft out, and waited for him to get his trailer and get his boat out.15 minutes later, nothingdry.gif Now i have another boat in the queue ,So i idle over to the dock, and this little guy is sleeping!!!!wallbash.gif and his girlfriend is laying on the dock taking sunwallbash.gifwallbash.gif I was so shocked, i didnt know what to say.I yelled to wake up the little guy, and said Hey !!! this isnt a resort here!! can you please move the boat to the other side of the dock, so i can leave?...........He looked at me, shrugged and saiid 'On no hablo anglais'

I gave him a quick english lesson, and he finally moved his boat, bumping mine in the process.If the wife wasnt with me, i probably would have gone ballistic at this point.

Thats so ridiculous I had to laugh a bit, sorry!

The only time I have any patience for waiting at the landing is when someone is having trouble lining up there trailor, I just feel bad for them. But even then, it should never take any more than 3-4 minutes to launch or load and move outta the way

The best one yet.This summer, was coming back to the public dock and noticed a jet boat parked on the ramp side of the dock.So, i stop about 200ft out, and waited for him to get his trailer and get his boat out.15 minutes later, nothingdry.gif Now i have another boat in the queue ,So i idle over to the dock, and this little guy is sleeping!!!!wallbash.gif and his girlfriend is laying on the dock taking sunwallbash.gifwallbash.gif I was so shocked, i didnt know what to say.I yelled to wake up the little guy, and said Hey !!! this isnt a resort here!! can you please move the boat to the other side of the dock, so i can leave?...........He looked at me, shrugged and saiid 'On no hablo anglais'

I gave him a quick english lesson, and he finally moved his boat, bumping mine in the process.If the wife wasnt with me, i probably would have gone ballistic at this point.

Air Horn. Solves all language barriers.

Thats so ridiculous I had to laugh a bit, sorry!

The only time I have any patience for waiting at the landing is when someone is having trouble lining up there trailor, I just feel bad for them. But even then, it should never take any more than 3-4 minutes to launch or load and move outta the way

I'd agree, sometimes the the trailer just will not sit level to load a boat. In those cases, depending on the size of the boat, you can usually rock the boat to be centered on the trailer while the bunks are wet. You just have to be close like in horseshoes or hand grenades. :D

Never used a municipal launch, but do they have someone similar to a dock master who can basically crack the whip or fine someone who's taken their sweet time hauling their boat out ?

and Mercman, i know some folks who, if they encountered this no hablo dude, would be a bit more 'encouraging' in getting said tool to move. Nothing extreme or illegal obviously but the message would be pretty hard to ignore.

its that bad in the niagara on the american side they cut you off and start a drift i won't fish by the power plants anymore

I have never had it happen in the niagara - but like I said - there is always one.

Thanks goodness for the other 99% of people

Never used a municipal launch, but do they have someone similar to a dock master who can basically crack the whip or fine someone who's taken their sweet time hauling their boat out ?

and Mercman, i know some folks who, if they encountered this no hablo dude, would be a bit more 'encouraging' in getting said tool to move. Nothing extreme or illegal obviously but the message would be pretty hard to ignore.

Trust me WB, i cant post the exact words that i used, here or via PM, but i can email them to ya if you wantwhistling.gif

I created a few new words to help span the language gaprofl2.gif

No watchman at the municipal dock here, although maybe next year.I went to a council meeting and brought to the attention of our Mayor, that he should install lights for after dark docking.It may keep the drug pushers and users away.