Kicker Bracket

fish_fishburn

Hey fellow fishers. I want to put a kicker motor on my 25 ft Thundercraft, but the only place to mount it would be on the swim platform. Does anyone have any knowledge about this. I have seen lots mounted to the transom but that won't work with my rig. Also can the motor be set up to steer from the helm? I'm running a 350 v8 inboard. Thanks.

How big of a kicker would you be using?

If I was trying it out, I'd attach the kicker and then maybe tie the motor off to a cleat for some extra insurance..

I am thinking along the lines of a 15 hp 4 stroke long shaft. A 2 stroke would be okay as well but the fumes can be a bit bothersome at times if the wind is blowing into the stern. The motor will always be tethered to the D ring on the transom, just to make sure the motor doesn't end up on the bottom of the lake for some reason.

Before I posted this question I have spent time searching the net and found two different units and they are in the 7 to 900 price range. The problem Ten90, is I cannot attach the kicker until I get this bracket thing figured out. Might be a custom fab job, but was hoping someone on here might of seen something on a big lake charter boat or something while they were out fishing. I guess I might have to put my McGiver hat on for this one. I have all winter to figure it out, and get a motor as well. Once that is done I will deal with the steering options available, which I don't think will be as big of an issue.

I am thinking along the lines of a 15 hp 4 stroke long shaft. A 2 stroke would be okay as well but the fumes can be a bit bothersome at times if the wind is blowing into the stern. The motor will always be tethered to the D ring on the transom, just to make sure the motor doesn't end up on the bottom of the lake for some reason.

Before I posted this question I have spent time searching the net and found two different units and they are in the 7 to 900 price range. The problem Ten90, is I cannot attach the kicker until I get this bracket thing figured out. Might be a custom fab job, but was hoping someone on here might of seen something on a big lake charter boat or something while they were out fishing. I guess I might have to put my McGiver hat on for this one. I have all winter to figure it out, and get a motor as well. Once that is done I will deal with the steering options available, which I don't think will be as big of an issue.

A couple of pictures of the transom and platform may also spark some ideas.

There is alot of knowledge on the forum...

A couple of pictures of the transom and platform may also spark some ideas.

There is alot of knowledge on the forum...

Unfortunately she is shrink wrapped and put away for the winter. The swim platform is about 2 ft wide and runs the complete width of the transom. With an empty boat the platform is about 1 ft off the water

would this one work ? or there is one called "Troll Daddy" that has has hydraulic steering built in if you want to google for it

https://www.adventuremarine.net/product-catalogue/index.cfm?ProductID=31&do=detail

edit: here's a link to the troll daddy, there is one for swim platform mount and it would solve the steering question too

http://www.remotetroll.com/products/wireless.php

Edited by dave524