Tebowing

Pikeslayer8

The act of Tebowing is to get down on one knee to pray, just as Tim Tebow did as he won his first start last week in Miami. As far as new fads go I'll take this anyday. To highlight: Tebow understands that. He recently received a tweet from a kid who's undergoing cancer treatment that melted his heart.

"It said, `I'm Tebowing while I'm Chemoing,'" Tebow recounted. "How cool is that? That's worth it right there. If that gives him any encouragement or puts a smile on his face or gives him encouragement to pray, that's really awesome. And that's completely worth it for me."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2011/10/29/sports/s001449D66.DTL#ixzz1cBgIyWid

God cares about sports? He/she must have had money on the game.

Thats what you got outta this? :dunno:

To me it is inspirational, what with all the egocentrical millionaire and their me first attitudes. People need to know who to give the glory to. A breath of fresh air if you ask me.

Tomarrow, I'll be Teebowing while I'm rainbowing.

Its cool in my books,

Religious implications aside its touching that a gesture made such an impact on a kid who's hurting.

And I can tell you this...

I'd rather watch a genuine emotional thanks then a rehearsed touch down dance any day. Show boating in sports is great for some and I've heard ALL the arguments about it promoting excitement in the game, but me...I hate it.

I come from a day were you scored and you simply high fived, or got a pat on the back and the praise came when you hit the bench.

Sure at a big moment there were pile on's and hugs, but that was

"a team" rejoicing, not an individual rubbing it in....

This dancing in football, or shotgun salute crap in hockey just doesn't sit well with this cowboy but to each there own...its not my cup of tea though.

The boys on my team pull that crap they ride the pine till they learn humility, and sportsman ship.

Edited by Cookslav

Its cool in my books,

Religious implications aside its touching that a gesture made such an impact on a kid who's hurting.

And I can tell you this...

I'd rather watch a genuine emotional thanks then a rehearsed touch down dance any day. Show boating in sports is great for some and I've heard ALL the arguments about it promoting excitement in the game, but me...I hate it.

I come from a day were you scored and you simply high fived, or got a pat on the back and the praise came when you hit the bench.

Sure at a big moment there were pile on's and hugs, but that was

"a team" rejoicing, not an individual rubbing it in....

This dancing in football, or shotgun salute crap in hockey just doesn't sit well with this cowboy but to each there own...its not my cup of tea though.

The boys on my team pull that crap they ride the pine till they learn humility, and sportsman ship.

I think the religious aspect is abit rediculous.

That being said, these guys are paid to perform, and it's obvious to them the players (in various major sports). Thats what lands them hyyyuge contracts and local endorsements in most cases.

I see where your coming from. I'm a hypocrite on the matter, some celebrations I love, others have me wanting to physically hurt people, lol.

But that last statement is a little ridiculous in my opinion. Celebrating a goal or tackle etc does not show poor sportsmanship. These are athletes, but also businessmen. If the players respect each other in the locker room/press conferences etc, then I totally condone these acts. It's not like it's a shock to their system, they all do it in some form or another.

Even players that "appear" to be humble, are sometimes not. They just have an understanding of how marketing works in their line of profession. Even if you don't agree with it, thats being smart.

Just my two cents

But that last statement is a little ridiculous in my opinion. Celebrating a goal or tackle etc does not show poor sportsmanship

There is a HUGE difference between celebrating, and rubbing it in....and on my team we don't do that.

Self control is a skill I teach my kids and disapline on the ice is just that....disapline on the ice.

That includes celebrations after goals....

If they jump for joy, pile on hi-five etc...that's a celebration.

skating down the ice on your own at full speed, throwing your gloves in the air and pretending to shoot them....that's just plain stupid.

Single effort, single showboating...showing off

On my team your kids rides the pine for it.

Edited by Cookslav

There is a HUGE difference between celebrating, and rubbing it in....and on my team we don't do that.

Self control is a skill I teach my kids and disapline on the ice is just that....disapline on the ice.

That includes celebrations after goals....

If they jump for joy, pile on hi-five etc...that's a celebration.

skating down the ice on your own at full speed, throwing your gloves in the air and pretending to shoot them....that's just plain stupid.

Single effort, single showboating...showing off

On my team your kids rides the pine for it.

Thats understandable. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

To me, refusing a hand shake after the game is poor sportsmanship, but thats just my opinion.

I believe childrens sports is all about fun, of course, there are some life lessons in there as well. But as a parent, I'm more than happy to instill morals within my children within reason. I'd prefer not to have other people do it. But hey, it happens ie. school etc.

Good on you though for showing you care about your team/players, thats nothing but commendable thumbsup_anim.gif