Ice Fishing

Rob

Well after a few years of trying different set ups and such, I have decided to try utilizing the battery on my sled to power my fishfinder. I figure I can reduce the weight and save some space while protecting my unit from the environment. I made one for a buddy of mine last year and he is very happy with it. So this year I thought I would try a couple of other mods to get the size of the cooler even smaller. I used the one fishfinder that I don't use to often to see how it works out, if it does then I will use it on my newer one.

Here is the unit all done.

IMAG0271.jpg

Here is the unit inside the cooler.

IMAG0272.jpg

I am not sure what the best wire to use for the power supply from the sled to the unit, but will check out Sayal electronics for some good flexable wire.

If you guys have any other suggestions feel free to input.

Man Rob... too early to even be thinking of that! Stop already...

Looks great...give some thoughts to the sled battery though. You'll kill it pretty quickly on a cold day. An idea... if you don't want the battery in the finder case.. add one under the hood somewhere with a switch to charge it as you move spots. I'm doing that now with mine (in the case) thru the helmut visor heat cord Y'd and plugged into my finder case.

Well I'm trying not to think of winter, still have the boat ready to go when required to! But I was a little bored and thought about this lately, so pitter patter gotta get at her!

I like the idea of the extra battery, I have a new sealed battery that I could hook up and a spot to put it. Irishfield, you da man! I like that idea very much! :thumbsup_anim:

Will let you how that goes, now I will have to get the sleds out to do this, new job for the weekend!

Rob C