Making boilies for Carp - base mix included

BCLT

Hey for you carp guys, heres a video on making boilies - these boilies are 50/50 protien/carbs and will only cost 55 dollars for 12kg which is far cheaper than the 180 you could pay by buying them from a store! I have included the base mix and its cheapest to get most the ingredients from bulk barn...... enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/apeioj

Tight lines everyone!

Edited by BCLT

what fish?

i have found that maize and a good groundbait in your swim will out produce boilies every time...as far as numbers of fish go...

i was 100% boilies when i started carping... now im a maize guy... unless im stictly fishing for BIG st.lawrence carp... then its large boilies to keep the pesky little ones off...

what fish?

i have found that maize and a good groundbait in your swim will out produce boilies every time...as far as numbers of fish go...

i was 100% boilies when i started carping... now im a maize guy... unless im stictly fishing for BIG st.lawrence carp... then its large boilies to keep the pesky little ones off...

Hey I totally hear what your saying, trying to chum with the boilies is the key - a lot of people can only throw a few handfuls out as they buy them at 15 bucks a kg - I prefer, when I can.... to spod out 10 pounds of boilies, and the fish I land are literally crapping them out.... but you are right, maize and ground bait is good..... just wondering, how you prepar your maize? I like to know the many ways everyone does it...if you dont mind me asking that is.... cheers man, and as for the fish, I meant your avatar pic, its huge!

Hey I totally hear what your saying, trying to chum with the boilies is the key - a lot of people can only throw a few handfuls out as they buy them at 15 bucks a kg - I prefer, when I can.... to spod out 10 pounds of boilies, and the fish I land are literally crapping them out.... but you are right, maize and ground bait is good..... just wondering, how you prepar your maize? I like to know the many ways everyone does it...if you dont mind me asking that is.... cheers man, and as for the fish, I meant your avatar pic, its huge!

in the summer i soak the maize in water and strawberry cool-aid in a bucket for at least a week...

when its colder... the buckets go in the basement...

i dont bother boiling it cause i go threw way to much...5 gallons a day

another way i do it is 3 parts maize...1 part sweet feed...1 part bird seed...soak the same way...

this makes a really nice milky spod mix... i do this more where there isnt much current... you end up with a nice bait bed with a cloud of milky flavor floating around

in the summer i soak the maize in water and strawberry cool-aid in a bucket for at least a week...

when its colder... the buckets go in the basement...

i dont bother boiling it cause i go threw way to much...5 gallons a day

another way i do it is 3 parts maize...1 part sweet feed...1 part bird seed...soak the same way...

this makes a really nice milky spod mix... i do this more where there isnt much current... you end up with a nice bait bed with a cloud of milky flavor floating around

Totally got ya, your theory is sound! so you must fish carp regularly knowing about "milky spod mixes" good to know and thanks for sharing musky mike! chow for now man - ps is there a youtube channel or somewhere i can see some of the catches, id love to see some lawry monsters!

Edited by BCLT

http://www.youtube.c...be_gdata_player

I did the CAG big four tourney a couple times... Placed 4th an 3rd...

Great fishing in my area...

Hey, nice channel, loved it! added, subd, was supposed to fish the CANAM in august but failed to make it there - id love to fish the lawry some day - if your still taking on anglers let me know what kind of rates your asking - maybe we could set something up some time!

chow for now, and tight lines man

shawn