Need help! what year? help a bassmaster!

jbailey

Hey guys,

A good friend of mine is looking to purchase a boat but thats not really on the market but was offered to him.

Anyone have any idea what year this engine is and what it would be worth? I was thinking 97'?

P1020096.jpg

Also, i understand its a terrible picture and the cover is on, but what would this 1993-1994(?) legend bass boat be worth? Both the engine and the boat are in pretty good condition.

P1020095.jpg

P1020098.jpg

I am just trying to help my buddy out so he doesnt have to be a non-boater with bassmasters anymore!! and figured I'd ask the educated veterans of this site for some input!

Cheers!

Edited by JBZ

Well not much to go on, but with a 115 I'm guessing a 16 to 17 ft. Are the electronics old or newer? If it's in good condition ie, no spongy floor and all the usual stuff that goes with an old boat..... Garage kept with seats and interior in good condition as well as the motor and trailer, 5 grand maybe 6 in really good shape.

I have seen Glass legend boats from the early '90's, that one looks a little more streamlined than the ones I have seen.

I would guess from '96-'98 maybe, but just basing the year of the boat on the graphics on the motor.

SHould be a serial number on the boat - usually they start or end with 2 digits for the year of the boat. Also, the motor will definitely have a SN sticker that should have the year of manufacture on it. If it doesn't have the sticker, you should be able to find the SN and then track the year of manufacture down from there. Assuming the motor is original to the boat, that will tell you the year of the boat.

Glass legend boats didn't last for a reason - they were a fairly wet ride and not very stable for fishing, kind of tippy.

Having said that, if he can get it for a good price, say $7K - $8K max, it could be a good first glass boat. Get the motor checked out.

The Merc outboard looks like 98-2000 Mercury 2+2. The boat looks like a Legend Bass Boat Company in the States not Canadian Company just going by the lines of the stern. If you look at the serial number it will tell you the year of the boat. The last 2 numbers will let you know