Crazy bday weekend...

manitoubass2

Well, I don't normally celebrate my bday, but the girlfriend seemed dead set on it this year. When she asked me what I wanted to do, I simply replied "Do you really have to ask?" lol. So fishing was a dead giveaway, but what else is there to do? Well, go support my fishing partner at the Rainy River Walleye Tourny!

Well, thursday morning we threw a little trolling motor on the boat and headed out early to check the walleye bite. We got some fish, no big ones though.

So, Friday fishing with the kids. We arrived early to shore fish and I was surprised by how clear the water was??? I figured this was gonna be a dud of a day, but managed to find the walleye, in 3ft of water! Crystal CLEAR WATER!!!!

sept232011046.jpg

My boy with a 17"

sept232011048.jpg

We landed alot of fish all morning, but again, all smaller fish. We even caught a crappie, which is a first in the river.

Time to go support my partner. He started out with a good day, weighing in 4 fish and enough to finish the day in fourth place! The second day wasn't as kind however, and he was only able to weigh 3 fish. But, he finished in 11th out of over 90 teams, and got rookie of the tourny (his first time entering this tourny)

Entering to some tourny classics, AC/DC of course, haha

sept232011036.jpg

Weighing in

sept232011038.jpg

Having some buds, with buds

sept232011045.jpg

Then it was time for birthday dinner, made by the girlfriend of course!

sept232011003-1.jpg

Time to let the kids smash some leftover cake on their daddys face! Gotta make sure the kids are having fun!

sept232011037.jpg

a part of tomorrows supper!

sept232011052.jpg

I gotta do this every year, haha. Was a great weekend thumbsup_anim.gif