Anyone use salmon skein as bait for non coldwater fish?

crossover

My friend gave me a lot of skein today, and after a failed cure it is now in the freezer. I do not have a car so I won't be out too often chasing salmon and steelhead. Anyone have success using leftover skein for other fish? I know a good carp spot, but its infested with gobies, would carp eat the fancy caviar and gobies leave it alone? Also, would bottom fishing with it by river mouths give me any chance of landing any kind of trout?

Ive caught carp on roe bags at rice lake! haha also while fishing for chinnies at the local marina ive caught pike and smallies on skein. So yeah ill say it works for other fish also. As for fishing it on bottom I cant say cause ive never done it lol

Bottom fishing at river mouths should produce trout as long as the river gets a run of trout. most anglers will put a little bit of styrifom in the roe bag to lift it off the bottom , or they will put a small marshmallow on the hook to achieve the same result .Salmon anglers that you see using this method are hoping to snag a fish , but later on trout will actually strike the bait.