~~~Yep another Lake Simcoe Perchen Report

oldphart

~~~AAAAAAH Saturday morning bright and early(if you live in BC) Slug with his friend Swanda were running late with dropping people off at the airport, and hitting the baitshop, we were on our way(09:00). We launched at Sibs, and headed up the west shore of Geo to a spot we had done well in the past, in 25' , brought out my new toy PhishTV, and lowered it to the bottom, and Slug calls out Phish On, and I said yep, it a Gobie, because I had 3 posing in front of the lens, and a lot of other swimming around, so after Slugs lands 3 more, it's time to move on. Headed up to te North end, not marking much. till we got to our next spot in 41' and got set up, and sure enough we had phish on the graph, and the TV monitor,and Swanda brings up her first double hitter

106_1313.jpg

She was even able to catch a good cluster of Zebra Mussels

106_1317.jpg

But all we were getting were Dinks so after an Hr. we moved out deeper to 53' where I marked a large mass of phish, dropped the camea down to 45' at the picture was clear as could be, with the bottom covered with clusters of Zebra, and large schools of Perch stacked up, problem was getting past the dinks who would hit our spoons before the hit bottom, but we did get some good size ones

106_1315.jpg

106_1314.jpg

I was watching the monitor when I had a hit, and called out it wasn't a Perch, and as I got it to surface Slugs says it's a small Laker, and then it got off(Dwat). he even landed his first Herring

106_1316.jpg

We decided to move out deeper to 63', where we found some active phish all over the depht, and some larger Perch

106_1318.jpg

106_1319.jpg

I was tired of being the Camera guy, so I asked Slug to take a picture but the camera wasn't working so I had to draw, and colour my own picture

106_1320.jpg

We only kept about 25 keepers,

106_1322.jpg

It was great day to be on the water, Thanks to Slug, and his friend Swanda for the great company