New Quantum reels

Garry2Rs

Quantum has some new reels coming out soon.

Drilled spools and some drilling on the reel's frame, to reduce weight, has been done before however this is a totally new approach.

These reels are designed with all non essential metal removed.

On the casting reels this meant using plastic plugs to fill some holes, but the end result is a very light but strong frame.

Quantum claims that this design is much stronger than a solid magnesium framed reel, while being lighter.

In one "Timex type" advertising piece they run over the reel with a pick-up truck.

Follow this link for more info.

Quantum link

Edited by garry2rs

Funny......

I decided to re-try Shimano after having terrible experiences with the TX and AX series... so I bought a Shimano Fj ,it lasted 1 season .. blew apart in my hands(bail mechanism)........ 50 or so Walleye and some Bass....

I recently broke my Father In-Law's brand new Okuma on the first

"let out" for lakers... pressed rubber grip stayed in my hand.

Quantum (Spinning).. well the cheap ones blow apart after 10 years ... for me anyway...

2x Crappy Tire 59.99$.. Hypercast II ( Spinning )lasted me ten years probably reeled in ? 6500 fish?

I, just this season replaced them with BPS models 59.99$/ea( they felt good in my hands) and apparently made by Zebco....they have about 30 walleye on each so far in the past month and still running strong.

as for Baitcaster I have nothing bad to say about Shimano .. I had one and it ran fine for 6 years until it was lost in the drink.I now own Abu & Quantum and they've been runnin' fine for the past 8 years..

To each their own I guess..kinda like, a Ford / Chevy thing...

I drive Fords. B)

Randy

:canadian:

Interesting looking reels, Garry...

Been using Quantum reels for the last few seasons. One or two are starting to go, so was making the decision to stick with this brand or go with something else. I am quite impressed with what I have read and seen of the new Abu Garcia MGX's. 5.4oz's and 7.9:1 gear ratio - quite impressive. Decisions, decisions...lol!

Thanks for sharing..

Good Fishing,

Justin

Funny......

I decided to re-try Shimano after having terrible experiences with the TX and AX series... so I bought a Shimano Fj ,it lasted 1 season .. blew apart in my hands(bail mechanism)........ 50 or so Walleye and some Bass....

I recently broke my Father In-Law's brand new Okuma on the first

"let out" for lakers... pressed rubber grip stayed in my hand.

Quantum (Spinning).. well the cheap ones blow apart after 10 years ... for me anyway...

2x Crappy Tire 59.99$.. Hypercast II ( Spinning )lasted me ten years probably reeled in ? 6500 fish?

I, just this season replaced them with BPS models 59.99$/ea( they felt good in my hands) and apparently made by Zebco....they have about 30 walleye on each so far in the past month and still running strong.

as for Baitcaster I have nothing bad to say about Shimano .. I had one and it ran fine for 6 years until it was lost in the drink.I now own Abu & Quantum and they've been runnin' fine for the past 8 years..

To each their own I guess..kinda like, a Ford / Chevy thing...

I drive Fords. B)

Randy

:canadian:

funny you say cause i am the reverse, have two 1o at least year old chronarchs that work as good as the day i got them, and they look and work better than a 2 year old quantum that i only use for bottom bouncing, older sienna s never missed a beat, and got a whole crop of newer cores, stella and stradics that have been great, my only shimano complaint is my curado e7 seems to be feeling a little loose after 2 seasons of slop fishing.

out of 4 quantums i have the only one to never give me an issue is a old energy-7 reel that i still use

have a abu revo that reel is very good, i find it a very fast reel and built like a tank just a bit heavy

i guess all makers have some lemons in the pile

i drive a gmc :tease: