KIDS AND FAMILY FISHING TOMORROW!

The Urban Fisherman

Hey guys!

First of all - myself, Dan Bouck and my old man are going to be joining Dave, JP, Big Jim and a few others to help set up rods, bait hooks and hang out with the little ones at Ontario place this saturday for FACTS OF FISHING KIDS DAY - If you have kids, nephews, nieces etc and live in the GTA it's an event you don't want to miss! The first 400 kids get these AWESOME prize packs generously donated by Dave and his sponsors...I'm talking rods from Shimano, Tackle you name it... it's an amazing day for the kids who are ultimately the future of our sport so come on out and say hi! You can get full details here at FOF.com...

http://www.factsoffishing.com/blog/dave-mercer/kids-day-at-ontario-place-is-back/

We'll be there from around 9:30 until 3 p.m. - Looking forward to meeting some OFNer's and their little ones!

On another note, I haven't posted a whole lot this summer...a combo of having the new baby and I've been busy finishing the basement so I haven't gotten a whole lot of fishing in... I'll do up a proper summer report once I finish beating down on my in-land closer browns! :whistling:

Here's a few rec room teaser pix for now... Baby needed a bedroom so I got kicked out of my office upstairs and took advantage of the situation a little.. hahaha

291981_10150253491556580_502461579_8079513_4710637_n1.jpg

295686_10150253491746580_502461579_8079520_664033_n1.jpg

294850_10150253491836580_502461579_8079524_1008440_n1.jpg

Have a great week - hope to see you saturday!

Cheers,

Ryan

Edited by The Urban Fisherman

On another note, I haven't posted a whole lot this summer...a combo of having the new baby and I've been busy finishing the basement so I haven't gotten a whole lot of fishing in... I'll do up a proper summer report once I finish beating down on my in-land closer browns! :whistling:

Cheers,

Ryan

Might see you out there one evening Ryan. Nice job on the basement. We're starting ours this weekend, now that foundation dig/repair is all done.

Good luck with the kid's fishing day!!

Thanks Frank - i'm far from a pro but learned a lot doing my basement so hit me up with any questions and maybe I can help...or maybe I can just pop in and drink your beer... :whistling: My schedule is crazy busy on weekends until closer for trout so I'm going to try and do a few evening fishes... I'll let you know when I'm heading out!

Last call for tomorrow guys! Please pass the link around if you live in the GTA! We had a bunch of PARENTS come out last year who learned to fish WITH their kids! Remember there's a ton of folks out there who aren't fishing freaks like us, and I know from talking to a bunch of families last year that this event kick started them into a new family hobby!

Cheers,

Ryan

Thanks for setting up the fishing day Urban Fishman and FOF volunteers. We stepped out of the free stuff line so we could start fishing earlier and get a comfortable fishing spot. We caught gobbies (they are good for something after all!). It was hard to kill them with all the kids around though.

Did anyone catch anything decent? I figure all of those fish kidnapped from the lakes buried themselves in the weeds on a chilly day like today. I did see a lot of perch and gobbies!

There is no way my 3 year old was going to find any use for a Live Target Lure so it would have ended up in my tackle box. ?What was the Live Target give away?