WHY Lake Erie and not Erie Lake

Billy Bob

Why do we say Seneca Lake, Silver Lake, Chautauqua Lake, Oneida Lake, etc....but when it comes to the Great Lakes, we say LAKE Erie, LAKE Ontario, LAKE Superior, LAKE Huron and LAKE Michigan. :dunno:

BTW we have some rivers here that you jump across and some creeks you can run your boat up.... :whistling:

Why do we say Seneca Lake, Silver Lake, Chautauqua Lake, Oneida Lake, etc....but when it comes to the Great Lakes, we say LAKE Erie, LAKE Ontario, LAKE Superior, LAKE Huron and LAKE Michigan. :dunno:

BTW we have some rivers here that you jump across and some creeks you can run your boat up.... :whistling:

Thats because what they found first was the lake , then they gave the lake a name , so thats why we say lake ****** , thats my storie and i am sticking with it ..lol...lol...lol .

Maybe they started off as french? In french they say "lac nipissing" "lac erie" "lac Seul"

I think you might have something there.....so....are French fishing poles never used like French military rifles....LOL...easy boys....just having my morning fun....I LOVE French onion soup.... :thumbsup_anim:

I think you might have something there.....so....are French fishing poles never used like French military rifles....LOL...easy boys....just having my morning fun....I LOVE French onion soup.... :thumbsup_anim:

Ithink we all like our fun ....lol . Billy Bob how close are you to Massena NY ,my old stompping grounds but only on the other side of the pond when you cross the bridge if you know what i mean ............

A skip, hop and a LONG 298 mile jump.... :)

298 ,that is a ways out , well Billy Bob or Bobby Bill ... lol.. becareful , i think your surounded by the french in here this morning and i better get to work before i get in trouble , have a good one my freind .................

298 ,that is a ways out , well Billy Bob or Bobby Bill ... lol.. becareful , i think your surounded by the french in here this morning and i better get to work before i get in trouble , have a good one my freind .................

Have a good day at work Mate, eh.... :)