Sled ownership

wallyboss

Do you guys know if there is any way that I could get the info on the Ownership of a snowmobile going back 45 years??? The sled has changed ownership 3 times.

I am in the process of getting my hands on the first snowmobile that my Dad ever bought. A 1966 Bombardier. My Dad sold it to a man from my Hometown and that man kept the sled for about 40 years, he got it restored 10 myears ago and he gave it to a neighbour of his 3 years ago and now I am in contact with this person to try to get him to sell it to me.

I need to know if there is any way that I could get a paper proof that it is true. I know 100% that it is but I would want a paper proof.

he doesnt have the ownership?

If not have him right up a bill of sale that he is the owner and is selling it to you. Take the bill of sale to the ministry and tell them the orginal ownership was lost and youd like a new one, you will have to take an OATH that you are now the legal owner, pay taxes and BAng new ownership!

Do you guys know if there is any way that I could get the info on the Ownership of a snowmobile going back 45 years??? The sled has changed ownership 3 times.

I am in the process of getting my hands on the first snowmobile that my Dad ever bought. A 1966 Bombardier. My Dad sold it to a man from my Hometown and that man kept the sled for about 40 years, he got it restored 10 myears ago and he gave it to a neighbour of his 3 years ago and now I am in contact with this person to try to get him to sell it to me.

I need to know if there is any way that I could get a paper proof that it is true. I know 100% that it is but I would want a paper proof.

Go to a police station and just verify that the machine was not reported stolen. If not, the police will give it a clean bill of health and you can then get it registered in your name. I have done this with a few old motorcycles and snowmobiles. A situation like yours is a common occurance.